If you have stubborn areas of fat which can’t be dealt with through good habits, it might be time to consider liposuction.
Why Should I Consider Liposuction?
This procedure will take care of those stubborn pockets of fat which refuse to yield to your best efforts from diet and exercise. Through careful, targeted suction, excess fat is completely and permanently removed from your trouble spots.
Dr. Bruno and Dr. Brown will begin with a consultation to determine the target areas for your procedure. Your doctor will then determine which exact liposuction procedure best suits your needs and lifestyle.
Benefits of Liposuction
Liposuction is one of the most versatile procedures and is used to remove excess fat from targeted areas of the body, including:
- Flanks (“love handles” or “muffin tops”)
- Face, neck, jowls
- Chest (during male breast reduction procedures)
- Calves and ankles
Candidates for Liposuction:
- Are typically within 30% of their target weight
- Have firm, elastic skin
- Have good muscle tone
- Have one or more determined areas of fat to be removed
- Have realistic expectations for their desired figure
- Are in good health
- Do not smoke, or are prepared to quit smoking throughout the procedure and recovery
In the Procedure
In a liposuction procedure, fat is removed through suction, utilizing a thin metal tube, or cannula. However, Dr. Brown and Dr. Bruno offer a variety of liposuction procedures, including:
- Traditional tumescent liposuction
- Power-assisted liposuction
- Ultrasonic liposuction