Gynecomastia, or enlarged male breasts, affects approximately 40 to 60 percent of men. While few people talk about this issue, gynecomastia can dramatically and negatively impact self-confidence.
This condition causes men to have breasts which are larger than is typical, and some of the factors which cause it are hormonal changes, heredity, certain disease, and drug use, particularly use of steroids or marijuana.
Why Should I Consider the Gynecomastia Procedure?
With this procedure, men suffering from undesirable chest appearance can obtain a more masculine look by removing excess skin and tissue above the pectoral muscles. Drs Bruno and Brown understand that your appearance is deeply rooted in your body image, self-confidence, and quality of life. In your consultation, your doctor will work with you determine the best way to achieve your desired appearance.
Benefits of Male Breast Reduction Surgery
- Reduces the appearance of breast tissue
- Flattens the chest region
- Improves the appearance of the pectoral muscles
- Increases self-confidence
Candidates for Gynecomastia Surgery…
- Have mostly achieved full growth
- Understand the parameters of the surgery
- Have realistic goals about the results of their procedure
- Desire a more masculine appearance
- Are in generally good health
In the Procedure
Male breast reduction generally involves a combination of fat and glandular tissue removal, liposuction, excision of breast tissue, and removal of excess skin. Many patients are candidates for our Advanced Technique Smartlipo procedure to improve this condition.