A tummy tuck surgery helps to tighten your entire waistline and stomach area to transform your body and give you a more toned look. This area of the body is a problem for many people, and sometimes, the excess skin cannot be removed with just exercise and dieting. If that is the case for you, a tummy tuck procedure may be the perfect option to suit your needs.
Welcome to our blog! Click here if you’re looking for tummy tuck before and after photos.
What is a Tummy Tuck in Bethesda, MD?
Tummy tuck surgery, also known as abdominoplasty, removes unwanted fat and tissue around the waistline and stomach.
During the procedure, your doctor will cut an incision in the appropriate place, depending on the procedure technique chosen. Next, the upper abdominal skin is pulled down, and any excess skin is trimmed away from the area. The incisions are then closed, and the procedure is finished.
Liposuction is often performed with the procedure.
Before having tummy tuck surgery, you and your doctor will undergo a consultation to determine what methods are right for you.
During your consultation, we will discuss:
- Incision type
- Your waistline contouring goals
- Your lifestyle and activity levels
- Amount of excess skin/fat to remove
What are the 3 Different Types of Tummy Tucks?
- Extended Tummy Tuck: The extended tummy tuck is best suited to individuals who have lost a significant amount of weight in order to achieve their current look. This procedure involves extending the incisions from the waistline around to the sides of the patient and possibly to the lower back.
- Mini Tummy Tuck: A mini tummy tuck involves the smallest incision of the three techniques. This procedure addresses the area below the belly button and is most often completed with liposuction. Because it focuses exclusively on the lower abdominal region, a mini tummy tuck is less invasive, and there is minimal scarring.
- Full Tummy Tuck: A full tummy tuck involves an incision across the entire hip line and around the belly button to remove excess fat and skin in this area. This technique tightens the entire abdominal region and addresses a much larger area than the mini tuck.
What are the Benefits of a Tummy Tuck in Bethesda, MD?
A tummy tuck procedure has many benefits that can vary based on the type of procedure a patient chooses to undergo.
These benefits include:
- Reducing the size of the waistline and hipline
- Reducing the appearance of stretch marks, particularly after pregnancy
- Improving the appearance of abdominal muscles
- Removing excess, loose, or hanging skin, which may be the result of weight loss or pregnancy
- Enhancing the overall figure
- Flattening the stomach area
- Tightening the stomach muscles
How Long Does it Take to Recover From a Tummy Tuck?
The procedure itself takes approximately 2-4 hours, and there is no overnight hospital stay required.
The time it takes to recover from a tummy tuck can vary based on the individual patient; it’s important to listen to your body as you recover. Most patients are able to return to regular activity after two or three weeks and begin to exercise after they’ve fully healed.
Why Bruno | Brown Plastic Surgery for Tummy Tucks in Bethesda, MD?
Finding the right plastic surgeon for your Bethesda tummy tuck procedure is a crucial part of a successful and safe surgical process. Our board-certified plastic surgeons will tailor your procedure to best fit your body’s needs and goals.
The doctors at Bruno | Brown Plastic Surgery have decades of surgical experience and always ensure their patients walk away satisfied with their surgery.