If you have been tirelessly dieting and exercising in hopes to lose stubborn stomach fat, but haven’t had much success, a DC tummy tuck may be right for you. Also known as an abdominoplasty, a tummy tuck removes excess skin and fat as well as tightening the abdominal muscles. A tummy tuck lets you attain the waist you want and can improve your overall body shape.
Tummy tucks can’t stop how weight-gain affects your body but can provide long-term results if you maintain a healthy lifestyle.
Drs. Brown and Bruno will work with you to determine which procedure best fits your needs.
Tummy tuck options include:
- Full tummy tuck: An incision is made around the belly button and across the hip line.
- Mini tummy tuck: This procedure can be supplemented by liposuction and involves a smaller incision.
- Extended tummy tuck: Best for patients who have had significant weight loss, and involves incisions around the flank, lower back, and hip line.
How Should I Prepare for my DC Tummy Tuck?
Your doctor will walk you through all pre and post-operative care. Some pre-operative instructions include:
- No smoking at least four weeks prior to surgery.
- Do not take aspirin or aspirin-containing products.
- Remove any abdominal area or belly button jewelry prior to surgery.
- Fill all your prescriptions before surgery.
Choose a Plastic Surgeon You Can Trust for your DC Tummy Tuck
It’s essential to pick a plastic surgeon that will make you feel comfortable throughout your tummy tuck process. Drs. Brown and Bruno will be with you every step of the way, from initial consultation through the recovery process. Choose an expert plastic surgeon like Drs. Brown and Bruno who have been certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery, an industry-leading organization.
Are you interested in discussing a DC tummy tuck with Bruno | Brown Plastic Surgery? Schedule a consultation today.
Labiaplasty is a revolutionary procedure that has recently grown in popularity.
There are many reasons labiaplasty is on the rise: The most notable is the increase in comfort many women report experiencing after undergoing the procedure.
What is Labiaplasty?
Labiaplasty is a surgical procedure in which the labia minora and/or the labia majora are sculpted and reshaped. Often the goal is to reduce the size of the labia and create more labial asymmetry.
This procedure typically takes less than an hour and the recovery time is minimal, but it’s recommended to hold off on any significant lower body exercises for several weeks. The labia are very sensitive structures, so it is important to choose an experienced plastic surgeon like Drs. Bruno and Brown. The American Society of Plastic Surgeons further explains the procedure.
Top Three Reasons More Women are Choosing Labiaplasty
- Comfort: After surgery, many women often experience increased comfort during athletic activities such as cycling or horseback riding. Also, there is typically a decrease in irritation from tight clothing like yoga pants or bathing suits. Reducing the length of the labia prevents it from being twisted or tugged on by tight clothing or irritated by rigorous workouts.
- Appearance: Over time the appearance of the labia can change dramatically particularly after undergoing significant life events such as childbirth. Labiaplasty allows women to reshape their labia to increase self-confidence, aesthetic appeal, and create a more youthful look.
- Increased sexual pleasure: After surgery, there is often an increase in sexual pleasure as excessively large labia can cause pain during intercourse or even lead to sexual avoidance due to the anticipated pain of intercourse. Additionally, the clitoris can become more exposed leading to an increase in sexual pleasure.
Are you interested in discussing labiaplasty with Bruno | Brown Plastic Surgery? Schedule a consultation today.
There are Many Unexpected Benefits to Getting Breast Implants
If you are thinking about getting breast implants here are some unexpected benefits that might help you with your decision.
The Benefits of Receiving Breast Implants Include:
- Breast volume: If your breasts have lost some of their shape and definition over time through life events such as pregnancy or weight loss then implants can help your breasts regain some of their shape and volume.
- Breast symmetry: If your breasts are uneven, a breast enhancement procedure can help increase their symmetry.
- Self-confidence: If your breasts are not as perky as they used to be or lost some of their shape, you may feel self-conscious about your body. Breast implants can help you take back some of that confidence and allow you to feel more comfortable with your body.
- Breast size: Breast implants will increase your breast size overall. Expert plastic surgeons Drs. Bruno and Brown will work with you to reach your individual goals when receiving implants.
A good candidate for receiving breast implants must be over the age of 18, not pregnant or nursing, in good health, and have an interest in modest to significant breast enhancement.
If you meet these qualifications the next step is finding an experienced plastic surgeon like Drs. Bruno and Brown to perform your breast enhancement. The board-certified plastic surgeons at Bruno | Brown Plastic Surgery will work with you so you can meet your individual goals for the procedure and answer any questions you may have during a free consultation.
We will help you determine the type of implant that is right for you whether it be silicone, saline, or the recently FDA approved Ideal implants.
We look forward to seeing you for your free consultation or breast implant procedure soon!
We’re almost at 2000 Instagram followers!
To show our appreciation we’re doing our biggest GIVEAWAY EVER!
Make sure you:
- Follow us on Instagram: brunobrownplasticsurgery,
- Like the giveaway post (photo to the right)
- Tag 2 friends
- Add us on SnapChat: drs.brunobrown for your chance to win!*
The winner will be announced Friday, June 22nd! Good luck to everyone!
*Contest runs until June 21st. All entries must be following brunobrownplasticsurgery on Instagram, have tagged two people on the post and follow drs.brunobrown on SnapChat. One entry per person. Winner will be randomly chosen on Thursday the 21st. The winner can choose either a round of sculpsure(2 sessions on one area) or 2 Juvederm dermal-fillers of their choice.
Dads need to take care of their skin too!
Help the special dad in your life and book his appointment with our skincare specialist today!
Learn more about our skincare treatments
This offer will last the month of June for Dads*
*The special price applies to all appointments that are pre-booked in the month of June, even if the actual date of the appointment is in July.