If your tireless efforts to improve the appearance of your stomach haven’t yielded the results you were looking for then it may be time to consider a tummy tuck.
Why Should I Consider a DC Tummy Tuck?
The tummy tuck procedure can completely reshape the appearance of your abdomen by removing excess fat and tissue around the waistline and stomach. Unlike most plastic surgeons, our doctors take a holistic approach to the tummy tuck procedure in order to achieve the most natural, beautiful look. At Bruno | Brown, we have found that the most exceptional results for a tummy tuck are produced when the entire waistline is shaped, rather than focusing on just the abdomen. This approach is so comprehensive it can even help you drop several pant sizes and completely alter your appearance.
As such, our surgeons will tailor your tummy tuck procedure to best suit your needs and fitness goals to result in a beautiful, natural look.
Benefits of the Tummy Tuck Procedure
- Flattens the stomach area
- Improves the appearance of abdominal muscles
- Reduces the size of the waistline and hipline
- Enhances the overall figure
- Tightens stomach muscles
- Removes excess, loose, or hanging skin, which may be the result of weight loss or pregnancy
- Reduces appearance of stretch marks, particularly after pregnancy
Candidates for Tummy Tucks…
- Are women who would like to restore their pre-pregnancy bodies
- Have recently lost significant amounts of weight
- Are in good general health
- Are near their ideal weight or figure
- Have realistic expectations for their desired look
- Have excess skin or fat in the stomach region
In the Tummy Tuck Procedure
Also known as the abdominoplasty, the tummy tuck body contouring procedure tightens the abdominal muscles and removes excess skin and fat. Your doctor will work with you to determine which tummy tuck procedure best meets your needs. Some options include:
- Full tummy tuck: involves an incision across the hip line and around the belly button
- Mini tummy tuck: involves a smaller incision and is often complemented by liposuction
- Extended tummy tuck: best suited to individuals who have lost significant amounts of weight, involves incisions around the flank, lower back, and hip line
If you’ve been pregnant, experienced significant weight loss or simply have excess skin or fat in the stomach region, a tummy tuck may help you achieve your goals and enhance the overall appearance of the abdominal area.
Bruno|Brown Plastic Surgery are tummy tuck specialists, helping DC area patients smooth and reduce their waistlines. If you’d like to discuss what a tummy tuck can do to help you achieve a slimmer, more toned mid-section, schedule a consultation.
If you’re considering a tummy tuck, or have questions about what the procedure can do for you, contact us today to discuss your specific needs.