Are you feeling self-conscious?
Having pain or discomfort with certain activities?
Bothered by excess skin bulge while wearing tight pants or workout clothes?
You might benefit from female rejuvenation or labiaplasty.
A labiaplasty is a surgical procedure that sculpts and reshapes the labia minora and/or labia majora. The clitoris may also be more exposed leading to increased sexual pleasures.
Vaginal anatomy varies considerably and can also change over time, particularly after childbirth. Since the labia are small and very sensitive structures, the labiaplasty surgery needs to be performed by a board-certified plastic surgeon, with significant experience in performing labiaplasty surgery, such as the doctors at Bruno | Brown Plastic Surgery.
Typically, either the labia minora and/or labia majora are reduced in size. However, sometimes labial augmentation may be required to correct for labial symmetry and balance.
Why should I consider Labiaplasty?
The Most Common Reasons for Labiaplasty Surgery:
- Pain during intercourse due to excessively large labia
- Sexual avoidance due to anticipated pain associated with intercourse
- Sexual avoidance for fear of ridicule or rejection by your sexual partner
- Pain while riding a horse or bicycle due to excessively large labia
- Pain wearing tight clothes due to overly large labia
- Labial sagging
- Labia Minora extending well beyond the Labia Majora
- Labial asymmetry
- Labial enlargement
- You just don’t like the appearance of your labia
- You want your vulva region to look more youthful
- You want a better sexual experience
Benefits of Labiaplasty
Labiaplasty typically results in shorter labia that no longer hang down below the level of the hair-bearing labia majora.
According to multiple studies, labiaplasty surgery is associated with a high satisfaction rate of over 90 percent.
Elongated labia can easily become irritated due to tight clothing and may lead to recurrent infections, such as vaginal yeast infections. Most patients who experienced symptoms from twisting and tugging of their labia, or discomfort during certain kinds of physical activity or intercourse, generally find relief after surgery.
Many women who undergo labiaplasty report increased self confidence and self esteem.