Many women with oversized breasts find even everyday activities, such as walking for long periods of time or small household tasks, to be difficult and impeded by the size of their chests. Breast reduction surgery can alleviate many of the negative side effects of having oversized breasts.
Why Should I Consider Breast Reduction?
With this procedure, you can completely change your quality of life by reducing the size of your breasts to increase self-confidence and physical mobility. During your consultation, our doctors will work with you to determine how breast reduction surgery can improve your quality of life.
Benefits of Breast Reduction Surgery
- Improves the Aesthetic appearance of the breast
- Can reduce back and neck pain
- Increases self-confidence
- Improves ability to participate in physical activities
Candidates for Breast Reduction Surgery…
- May suffer from hypertrophy, or overdeveloped breasts
- Experience back or neck pain from the weight of their breasts
- Find that the size of their breasts interfere with everyday tasks
- Are limited in their ability to participate in physical activities or exercise
- Find that bra straps leave painful marks on the shoulders
- Have bad posture as a result of the weight of the breasts
- Have trouble finding clothing that will fit properly
In the Procedure
In this procedure, excess skin, fat, and tissue are removed in order to achieve both a reduced size and a desired shape. The breast is also lifted during this procedure.
If you require a breast reduction for medical reasons, your procedure may be covered by your insurance. Contact your provider to find out if you qualify.
Want to learn more? Schedule your consultation to learn more about breast reduction surgery.