Are you experiencing back or neck pain due to large, heavy breasts? Do you find that even everyday activities such as walking or small household tasks are difficult because of the size of your breasts? If so, it might be worth considering DC breast reduction.
If You’re Thinking About Breast Reduction in DC, Here Is Some Information You Should Know:
What Is the Procedure Like?
In this procedure, excess skin, fat, and tissue are removed in order to achieve both a reduced size and a desired shape. The breast is also lifted during this procedure.
Am I a Candidate?
Ideal candidates are people who:
- May suffer from hypertrophy, or overdeveloped breasts
- Find that the size of their breasts interferes with everyday tasks
- Experience back or neck pain from the weight of their breasts
- Are limited in their ability to participate in physical activities or exercise
- Have trouble finding clothing that will fit properly
- Have bad posture as a result of the weight of the breasts
What Are the Benefits?
Benefits of the procedure include:
- Improved aesthetic appearance of the breast
- Reduced back and neck pain
- Increased self-confidence
- Improved ability to participate in physical activities
Read more about good candidates and the breast reduction procedure from the American Society of Plastic Surgeons.
DC Breast Reduction: Ensure Your Safety with An Expert Plastic Surgeon
It is important that you find an expert plastic surgeon to ensure the surgery is done correctly. From your consultation to your procedure, the doctors at Bruno | Brown Plastic Surgery will want to understand your complete medical history, any physical conditions you’ve had, why you’re seeking a breast reduction, and the goals you have for your outcome.
Your surgeon will discuss how much breast tissue will need to be removed to achieve your goal, and will also help you prepare for surgery and plan for your recovery.
Contact us today to set up a DC breast reduction consultation.
If you’re feeling self-conscious, uncomfortable, or pain around your vaginal area, DC labiaplasty might be the right procedure for you. This procedure improves cosmetic and health concerns by resizing the labia minora and/or labia majora. By undergoing this procedure, you can significantly reduce the discomfort you feel when wearing tight clothes, exercising, or sexual intercourse.
About DC Labiaplasty & The Benefits of the Procedure
Labiaplasty typically results in shorter labia that no longer hang down below the level of the hair-bearing labia majora.
There are two main types of labiaplasty:
- Labia majora: reduces the size and shape of the outer lips of your vagina
- Labia minora: reduces the size and shape of the inner lips
These reductions are typically made using the trim technique or the wedge technique. During the trim technique, the plastic surgeon removes excess skin around the outer edge of the labia. During the wedge technique, a v-shaped “wedge” is cut out of the labia at the widest point then the edges are stitched together.
According to multiple studies, this procedure is associated with a high satisfaction rate of over 90 percent.
Most patients who experienced symptoms from twisting and tugging of their labia, or discomfort during certain kinds of physical activity or intercourse, generally find relief after surgery.
Read more about what to expect during the surgery here.
- Pain wearing tight clothes due to overly large labia
- You want a better sexual experience
- Pain during intercourse due to excessively large labia or sexual avoidance due to anticipated pain associated with intercourse
- Pain while riding a horse or bicycle due to excessively large labia
- Labial sagging and/or you want your vulva region to look more youthful
- Labia Minora extending well beyond the Labia Majora
- Labial asymmetry or enlargement
- You just don’t like the appearance of your labia
Vaginal anatomy varies considerably and can also change over time, particularly after childbirth. Since the labia are small and very sensitive structures, the labiaplasty surgery needs to be performed by expert plastic surgeons such as the doctors at Bruno | Brown Plastic Surgery, who have significant experience in performing labiaplasty surgery.
For more information about DC labiaplasty, or to schedule your consultation, contact us today.
If diet and exercise alone have not been enough to achieve your goals, consider liposuction in Dulles, VA.
Liposuction in Dulles, VA can remove fat and flatten your problem areas, completely changing your overall appearance.
Some patients choose liposuction because while they have otherwise normal body weight, they carry excess weight in a certain area such as the outer thigh region. This weight can be due to any number of causes such as genetics, aging, pregnancy, or prior surgery. Read more about the reasons for choosing this procedure with the American Society of Plastic Surgeons.
Am I A Good Candidates for this Procedure?
Candidates are typically within thirty percent of their ideal weight, have firm skin and good muscle tone, and are in good overall health. They should not smoke (or are prepared to quit for the duration of their surgery and recovery).
What are My Liposuction Procedure Options?
During the liposuction procedure in Dulles, VA, fat is removed through suction utilizing a thin metal tube, or cannula. This process can completely reshape problem areas and drastically decrease the size of areas, such as your abdomen or thighs.
This procedure can be a solution for patients who have tirelessly tried diet and exercise without progressing toward their goals. It only takes one to four hours and has a recovery time of only three to five days. Patients also do not need to stay overnight at the hospital.
Some areas that can be treated include:
- Flanks, also known as love handles or muffin top
- Neck and jawline
- Calves and ankles
Once you have decided that this procedure is right for you, experienced plastic surgeons, like the plastic surgeons at Bruno | Brown will work with you to determine which type of liposuction is right for you:
- Body-Tite or SmartLipo
- Traditional tumescent liposuction
- Power-assisted liposuction
If you’re interested in undergoing liposuction in Dulles, VA, schedule your free consultation with Bruno | Brown Plastic Surgery today.
Why Should I Consider a Tummy Tuck in Annandale?
If you have been dieting and exercising in hopes to lose stubborn stomach fat but haven’t had much success, an Annandale tummy tuck may be the right procedure for you. A tummy tuck, also known as an abdominoplasty, removes excess skin and fat as well as tightens the abdominal muscles.
Tummy tucks can’t stop how weight-gain affects your body but can provide long-term results if you maintain a healthy lifestyle.
What Kind of Annandale Tummy Tucks are There?
The doctors at Bruno | Brown Plastic Surgery will work with you to determine which procedure best fits your needs.
Tummy tuck options include:
- Mini tummy tuck: This procedure can be supplemented by liposuction and involves a small incision.
- Full tummy tuck: An incision is made around the belly button and across the hip line.
- Extended tummy tuck: Best for patients who have had significant weight loss, and involves incisions around the flank, lower back, and hip line.
Learn more about the tummy tuck procedure here.
How Can I Prepare for My Tummy Tuck?
Your doctor will walk you through all pre and post-operative care. Some pre-operative instructions include:
- Remove any abdominal area or belly button jewelry prior to surgery.
- Fill all your prescriptions.
- No smoking at least four weeks prior to surgery.
- Do not take aspirin or aspirin-containing products.
Select a Plastic Surgeon You Can Trust for your Tummy Tuck in Annandale, VA
It’s essential to pick a plastic surgeon that will make you feel comfortable throughout your tummy tuck process. Our expert doctors will be with you every step of the way, from initial consultation through the recovery process.
Are you interested in discussing an Annandale tummy tuck with Bruno | Brown Plastic Surgery? Schedule a consultation today.