If you’re unhappy with the shape, size, or appearance of your breasts, a breast augmentation in DC may be able to help. There are several reasons to consider breast implants, but before deciding on surgery, you should understand what the procedure involves and if it’s the solution for you.
What are the benefits of getting breast implants?
There are plenty of reasons to get breast implants, both physical and mental. Breast implants can:
- Increase the symmetry of your breasts– Whether your breasts became asymmetrical over time, or they’ve always been that way, you may want to look into breast implants. Your doctor may use two different sized implants to even out their size and make them more symmetrical and proportional.
- Improve the projection of your breasts– Breasts can point up, down, or to the side naturally, or due to other factors such as weight loss or aging. A breast augmentation can improve the projection of your breasts, so they’re projecting properly and look more youthful.
- Increase and reshape your cleavage– Your cleavage will often improve with breast implants, so you can achieve the fuller bust you’ve always wanted.
- Increase breast size and shape– Whether you’ve always had smaller breasts, or you lost volume after weight loss or childbirth, breast implants can restore, or add, the size and shape you want.
- Boost your confidence– Breast implants can improve your appearance and give you a boost of confidence along the way.
It’s important to decide if breast implants are right for you and can help you achieve your goals. The best candidates are 18 years of age or older, in good health, and wish to improve the appearance of their breasts. Your doctor will discuss your lifestyle, your desired appearance, and breast implant options to decide if breast augmentation is right for you.
Breast augmentation is one of the most popular plastic surgery procedures, but it’s important to work with a doctor who is highly trained and experienced with the procedure. The doctors at Bruno | Brown Plastic Surgery and experienced, dedicated to providing top-of-the-line procedures, and value patient safety over all else. We will take the time to make sure you understand the procedure, what to expect, and we will be with you every step of the way.
According to The American Society of Plastic Surgeons, the breast lift procedure has gone up in popularity by 70% since 2000, outpacing breast implants 2-to-1. A breast lift is a great option for moms whose bodies have changed after having children, or those whose breasts aren’t as perky as they’d like them to be. However, before opting into the procedure, you should understand the benefits and if the procedure is right for you.
As women age, their breasts can become saggy or droopy, which can affect confidence. Going through a pregnancy can also have these effects on the body. While it is perfectly natural for your breasts to sag or droop, it’s relatively normal to want to improve their look and restore their youthful, perky appearance.
Some of the main benefits of the procedure are:
- Improvement of breast position
- Improvement in breast symmetry
- Restoration of cleavage
- Tightening of the breasts skin and shape
Whether you’re ready for a breast lift now or just starting to think about it, you should figure out if this procedure is right for you. One of the most important things to consider is your health. This procedure is recommended for those in good overall health and those who are not currently pregnant or nursing.
Beyond the general health requirements, good candidates have a realistic expectation for their results, wish to improve the appearance of their breasts, and those whose breasts have lost their shape or position.
Discuss your breast lift options with a top Mclean, VA plastic surgeon
If you’re considering having a breast lift procedure completed and want to know if you’re a good candidate and what your results could be, it’s best to talk with a top-rated plastic surgeon. The doctors at Bruno | Brown are experienced, dedicated to providing top-notch results, and value patient safety above all else. They’ll discuss your case specifically, what you can expect as a result, and what your recovery will be like. Recovery typically takes about 2-3 weeks, and the doctors at Bruno | Brown will be there to support you the entire way.
To schedule your consultation for a breast lift, call 301-215-5955 or reach out online.
A tummy tuck is a wonderful procedure for those who want to tighten up their midsection after significant weight loss, those who’ve had children, or those with loose hanging skin. While this is one of the most sought-after plastic surgery procedures, several myths surround it. We want to dispel some of those myths to ensure you understand the procedure fully.
Misconception: Weight loss is the main purpose of a tummy tuck
A tummy tuck has several purposes, and while weight loss is a benefit of the procedure, it’s certainly not the main reason to get one. Candidates often come to us with loose hanging skin caused by a variety of reasons and wish to have it removed to improve the look of their body. In some cases, this involves removing small sections of skin and in others, it requires more extensive surgery.
Misconception: All tummy tucks are the same
There are three major types of tummy tuck procedures:
- Mini tummy tuck: Not everyone needs to have large areas of skin removed to achieve their goals. A mini tummy tuck is often completed by liposuction and has a smaller incision.
- Full tummy tuck: A full tummy tuck is what many people think of when they hear the words “tummy tuck.” This involves an incision from hip to hip where excess skin is removed to achieve the desired look.
- Extended tummy tuck: An extended tummy tuck is typically reserved for cases where the patient has lost a significant amount of weight, and the only way to achieve their desired look is a more involved surgery. In this procedure, there is an incision made around the flank, lower back, and hip line.
Misconception: You don’t need a DC tummy tuck if you practice proper diet and exercise
Diet and exercise are key factors in maintaining a healthy body; however, in some instances, it can seem next to impossible to achieve your desired body. In cases with excess skin, and those with excess fat that won’t seem to go away, a tummy tuck can certainly help you achieve the body you want.
The doctors at Bruno | Brown will discuss your body goals and what the best course of action will be to get the body you’re trying to achieve. They aim for the best possible results while always accounting for patient safety.
Having a child can be one of the most rewarding things in life, but it can certainly take a toll on your body. You may have less time for exercise and maintaining a proper diet can be tricky when balancing your job as a mother. If you’re unhappy with your body after baby, a mommy makeover can be a great solution and give you back your confidence.
Pregnancy and breastfeeding can change your body entirely. Even with diet and exercise, it’s hard to return to your pre-baby body. If you’ve been left feeling less confident in your skin and want to get back to where you were, a mommy makeover may be the answer.
Some benefits of the mommy makeover procedure include:
- The removal of excess skin: After giving birth, or any sort of weight loss, you can be left with excess skin that just won’t go away. We can remove excess skin, tightening your abdomen, and give you a flatter looking stomach.
- Breast enhancement: You may have noticed that breastfeeding or pregnancy has left your breasts slightly deflated and sagging. We can give your breasts a lift and even add implants if you choose.
- Stretch mark reduction: Your skin stretches over the course of your pregnancy and can leave behind stretch marks. We can reduce the appearance of stretch marks during your procedure.
- Boosted confidence: Getting back your pre-baby body can be a huge boost of confidence and self-image.
We’ll customize the procedure to fit your specific needs and goals. The mommy makeover typically involves a tummy tuck, liposuction, breast enhancement, and breast lift. You can choose the procedures that you want and opt-out of the ones you don’t.
Your doctor will discuss your expectations and goals for the procedure to figure out what’s best for you. Your recovery will likely be around 2-3 weeks, so you can get back to your routine as soon as possible.
You’ll want a doctor who:
- Values your safety above all else
- Can perform technically advanced procedures
- Will provide top-tier results
- Will explain the procedure to you and set your expectations properly
The doctors at Bruno | Brown Plastic Surgery will do all this and more. We will discuss any concerns you have about the process and ensure you’re 100% comfortable with the procedure. We’ll advise you on how to maintain your new body following surgery and support you through your recovery.
Many women suffer from breasts that are too large for their bodies, limit their ability to be active, and cause pain over time. A breast reduction can remove excess breast tissue improving your quality of life and boost your confidence.
- You want to improve the appearance of your breasts and make them more proportionate to your body.
- Your breasts have caused pain in your neck and back.
- You want to improve your confidence with smaller breasts.
- You wish to be more physically active, which can be achieved through a reduction in the size of your breasts.
- If your breast reduction is required for a medical reason, your insurance may cover the cost of the procedure.
Your doctor will confirm you’re a good candidate for a breast reduction prior to surgery to ensure a good result. Candidates for the surgery have overdeveloped breasts, back or neck pain, breasts that interfere with everyday activities, have trouble finding clothes that fit, and/or have bad posture as a result of the weight of their breasts.
It’s important to set your expectations appropriately. Your doctor will discuss your goals with you and what you can expect as a result of surgery. The surgery can correct most, or all of your breast-related issues and even make your breasts more symmetrical, giving you a boost in confidence.
Why you should choose a top-rated plastic surgeon for your DC breast reduction
A breast reduction can have varying levels of surgery required to achieve your desired look. The doctors at Bruno | Brown Plastic Surgery are dedicated to providing high-quality results and ensuring patient safety throughout the procedure and during recovery. Your doctor will explain what will need to be done to achieve the look you want and the recovery process you can expect, which is typically around 2-3 weeks.
Call us today at 301-215-5955 or reach out online to schedule your consultation for a breast reduction in DC.
Breast augmentation procedure is one of the most popular plastic surgery procedures. People choose implants for all sorts of reasons, from wanting to increase the size of their breast(s) to correct asymmetrical breasts. While it’s a relatively common procedure, it’s important to know what the procedure involves and if you’re a good candidate for surgery prior to opting into surgery.
What type of breast implant is right for you?
Not all implants are created equal, and you should know your options prior to choosing an implant. Different implants can achieve a different appearance, and some may be better suited for you than others. At Bruno | Brown, we have four ways to achieve your desired look:
- Fat grafting
- Saline implants
- Silicone implants
- Ideal implants
When deciding which approach is right for you, your doctor will discuss what you want your breasts to look like as well as your lifestyle to ensure it’s the right option.
When is the right time for surgery, and am I a good candidate for breast implants in Bethesda, MD?
Our doctors make patient safety a top priority and will ensure you’re a good candidate for surgery prior to starting any sort of procedure. Good candidates are 18 years of age or older, wish to enhance their breasts, have asymmetrical breasts, are generally healthy, and are not currently pregnant or nursing.
With an average recovery time of 2-4 weeks, you’ll be back to your everyday life in no time. We understand our patients have busy lives and schedules, and we want to ensure the best possible result. We’ll discuss the procedure in full so that you understand what to expect before, during, and after the procedure.
Choosing the right plastic surgeon for your breast implant procedure is of the utmost importance. You want to go into surgery knowing your doctor is knowledgeable and well-versed in this type of surgery.
The doctors at Bruno | Brown are committed to performing technically advanced procedures that provide great results while also keeping your health and what’s best for your specific case in mind.
To schedule a consultation for your breast implants, call 301-215-5955 or reach out online.