Tummy tucks are one of the most popular plastic surgery procedures performed. Despite being one of the most popular procedures, many don’t realize that not all tummy tucks are the same and that the procedure can be tailored to your specific needs.
Tummy Tuck Surgery in Washington DC
The three types of tummy tuck surgery
There are three types of tummy tuck surgery that can be used to achieve your goals:
- Full tummy tuck- A full tummy tuck involves an incision that goes across the hip line as well as around the belly button.
- Mini tummy tuck- A mini tummy tuck involves a smaller incision than the full tummy tuck and can often be complemented by liposuction.
- Extended tummy tuck- The extended tummy tuck is often best for those who have lost a large amount of weight and have loose hanging skin. This procedure involves an incision that goes around the flank, lower back, as well as the hip line.
The benefits of tummy tuck surgery
There are several benefits of the procedure, which can include:
- Flattening of the stomach area
- Improved abdominal muscle definition
- Reduction in the size of the hip and waist
- Reduction of stretch marks
- Tighter stomach muscles
- Removal of excess skin
- Increase in confidence
Choosing a top-rated DC plastic surgeon for tummy tuck surgery in Washington, D.C.
Just like any surgery, it’s important to consult with an experienced plastic surgeon for your tummy tuck surgery. Our doctors are committed to providing excellent results with technically advanced procedures while always keeping our patient’s safety top of mind.
We’ll discuss your goals and your options when choosing a procedure plan that’s right for you. We’ll also discuss what will happen before, during, and after your procedure so you know what to expect beforehand.
To schedule your consultation with one of our doctors for your DC tummy tuck surgery call 301-215-5955 or click here.