Chances are you know someone who has either had a breast augmentation procedure or has considered undergoing the procedure. Breast augmentations are one of the most popular plastic surgery procedures every year according to the American Society of Plastic Surgeons. The procedure can be used to enlarge your breasts (a little or a lot), even out the size of your breasts, and help you achieve the breasts you’ve always dreamed of. But, before undergoing the procedure, there are some things you should know.
Not all breast augmentations are the same, just as not all breasts are the same. Every patient has different goals for their breasts and different starting points. When you come in for a consultation for breast augmentation, consider the following:
- There are several types of breast implants available– We offer three types of implants: Ideal, silicone, and saline. We also offer breast augmentations achieved through fat grafting which involves taking fat from other areas of your body and injecting them into your breast. Depending on your current breasts and goals for them, we’ll discuss the benefits of each procedure and make recommendations as to what type would best achieve your goals.
- What size you’re hoping to achieve– You should consider what size you want your breasts to be. Are you looking for a major change or just a little boost? This can affect the type of implant and implant size we use during your procedure, or what a fat grafting procedure would involve to achieve your desired size.
- Your lifestyle– You should consider how active of a lifestyle you have. For example if you’re a runner it can be difficult to keep up your activity level with large breasts.
- Your age and future plans– We recommend that you be at least 18 years of age before undergoing the procedure to ensure full development of your breasts. You should also consider whether or not you want to have children and what your plan will be as your breasts change over time. These are things we can discuss during your consultation to ensure you’re satisfied with your results for years to come.
The doctors at Bruno | Brown perform technically advanced procedures to achieve superior results. We aim to give you the breasts you’ve always wanted using the implant or fat grafting procedure that’s right for you. We keep your safety as our top priority and will answer any questions you have throughout the entire process.
To schedule your breast augmentation consultation with Bruno | Brown Plastic Surgery call 301-215-5955 or click here.
Whether you have loose hanging skin from pregnancy, weightloss, or aging, a tummy tuck may be able to help you achieve the midsection of your dreams. Many who have become mothers or have experienced significant weight loss notice their stomach has stretch marks and loose skin left behind. While this is totally natural, some are left feeling less than confident in their skin and notice that no diet or exercise seems to make a difference. If you’re ready to see what you can do to improve the look of your tummy, contact us and we’ll see if the Washington, DC tummy tuck is right for you.
There are several benefits that patients can receive from undergoing the tummy tuck procedure, including:
- A flatter stomach area
- Removal of loose hanging skin
- Reduced size of the waist and hiplines
- Tightening of the stomach muscles
- A boost in overall confidence and self-image
Not all tummy tucks are the same. Many people assume that every tummy tuck involves a full hip to hip incision to remove excess skin and fat in the stomach area. While this type of procedure is required for some patients to achieve their goals, some patients may require more or less work to achieve their body goals. There is the full tummy tuck (the commonly thought of hip to hip incision), the mini (which involves a smaller incision and liposuction), and the extended (which can involve the hip to hip incision and possibly the lower back).
During your consultation with the experts at Bruno | Brown Plastic Surgery, we’ll discuss your current body and what you would like to achieve to come up with a plan that will help you achieve your goals. We’ll go through the procedure from start to finish with you so you understand what to expect and how we will approach the procedure to get certain results. We’ll also answer any questions you have so you feel informed and confident before deciding to undergo the procedure.
To schedule a consultation with one of our experienced plastic surgeons for a tummy tuck in DC call 301-215-5955 or click here.
Meet Jennifer, our new skin care specialist! She is now booking appointments for the following:
- Chemical Peels
- Intense Pulsed Light Treatment (IPL)
Book your consultation and get your skin on the right track!
Want to learn more about Jennifer? Read more about her here.
Get Clearer Skin with Intense Pulsed Light Treatment
Are you looking for clearer, more youthful skin? Intense Pulsed Light Treatment (IPL) can help get you there! The procedure uses small light pulses on targeted areas of the skin to encourage the growth of new and healthy cells.
IPL treats sunspots, age spots, rosacea, hyperpigmentation, varicose veins, and more.
Learn more about IPL here.
Find the Right Routine for Your Skin Care Goals
Finding the right routine is key to reaching your skin care goals. During your consultation, Jennifer will evaluate your skin, discuss concerns, and make recommendations for procedures and products that will best serve your skin type, and lifestyle.
Want to find the best routine for your skin? Book your consultation here.
While breast augmentation is one of the most common plastic surgery procedures, there are many things you may not know about the procedure. If you’re considering breast implants, here are a few things you should know.
- Not all implants are made equal– We offer 3 different types of implants, saline, silicone, and ideal. Each implant can give you a different look and feel so it’s important to consider your specific goals when choosing an implant.
- Breast implants can improve your breast shape– Many people assume that breast implants are simply to increase the size of your breasts, but what you may not know is that breast implants can be used to improve their overall shape and symmetry. Some patients come to us, not necessarily looking for a large increase in size, they simply want to give their breasts a rounder shape and improve the symmetry of their breasts.
- You should not be pregnant or nursing when you undergo the procedure– It is unsafe to perform a breast augmentation on a pregnant woman. Furthermore, even after pregnancy, a woman who is breastfeeding should not undergo the procedure. Following breastfeeding your breast size can change rapidly, making it hard to truly gauge the size implant needed.
- You can combine other procedures with breast implants to achieve your goals– Many of our patients come to us with more than one goal in mind. Whether you’re looking to add a breast lift, a tummy tuck, liposuction, or butt lift we can work with you to find the right combination of procedures to achieve your goals.
- You can still get mammograms with breast implants– A common question we’ve heard is “Can I get mammograms with breast implants?” The answer is yes. Breast implants can withstand the activity of a mammogram and we highly recommend receiving a yearly mammogram beyond the age of 40.
We pride ourselves on achieving the best possible result for our patients. We’ll listen to your goals in your consultation and evaluate your specific case before coming up with a plan to achieve your breast goals. We perform technically advanced procedures to achieve excellent results, but also keep your health and safety top of mind. We’re here to answer any questions you have prior to and following the procedure to ensure it’s right for you and you’re completely satisfied with your results.
Meet Jennifer, our skin care specialist!
We are excited to welcome her to our team. Jennifer has been in the aesthetics industry for 17 years! Here are a few fun facts about her:
- She loves all things skin and skin care! She is proud to say that her career is also her hobby.
- She’s been featured in articles in Bethesda Magazine, Washingtonian Magazine, and voted “Top Vote Getter” multiple times for “Best of Bethesda’s” Reader Choice Awards for facials in the area.
- She loves the “deep science” behind what she does, but she also enjoys breaking it down in a simple way for her clients to understand too.
- Her motto has always been “Knowledge is power.” The more knowledge a client/patient has, the more empowered they will feel in helping to bring about the changes they are looking for.
Every skin care journey is unique because each person is unique. This is why Jennifer believes that the perfect approach to skin and skin care is one that blends science with a holistic approach. Over the years people have thanked her for taking the time to help them understand their skin and their skin issues in a way they never had before. She believes that by treating the whole person and not just the skin, her clients often see better results.
Jennifer is currently taking appointments for consultations, facials, chemical peels, dermaplaning and IPL (Intense Pulsed Light Treatment). Book today, and get your skin on the right track!
To schedule a consultation with our skin care specialist call 301-215-5955 or click here.
Busy moms everywhere give up countless time and energy for their children. While being a mother can be extremely rewarding, you may find it hard to take time for yourself and focus on your own needs. Proper diet and exercise, when you can find time for them, may not be helping you achieve the body you want which can be defeating and leave you feeling less than confident in your own skin. If you’re ready to do something for yourself and feel better overall, a mommy makeover may be the answer you’re looking for and Bruno | Brown can help.
At Bruno | Brown we understand that achieving your ideal body may not be as simple as taking good care of yourself and when you’re a mother, you simply don’t have the time to do it all. That’s where we come in. We can take a look at the areas you wish to improve, discuss your goals, then come up with a plan to achieve the body you want and deserve. A mommy makeover is not a one size fits all procedure, it is meant to be tailored to your specific needs. The procedure can involve a combination of the following procedures depending on your goals:
While the mommy makeover may involve one or all of the above procedures, we can target other areas of your body as needed.
Why Bruno | Brown is the best DC plastic surgeon for your mommy makeover
Our doctors are known for achieving incredible transformations. We perform technically advanced procedures and walk you through the procedure from start to finish and explain what you can expect before, during, and after your mommy makeover. We take your needs, wishes, and lifestyle into account during your consultation and make recommendations based on what will give you the results you want as well as what we can safely achieve.
To schedule a consultation with one of our plastic surgeons and find out if a mommy makeover is right for you call 301-215-5955 or click here.
Have you noticed a change in your breasts over time that you’re less than pleased with? As women age, they can lose volume in their breasts and experience sagging. A breast lift can give your breasts a boost, restoring their youthful look. According to the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, “new statistics from the American Society of Plastic Surgeons show breast lifts have grown 70% since 2000, outpacing breast implants 2-to-1.” If you think the procedure could benefit you, keep reading to learn more.
Many women opt into a breast lift each year for a variety of reasons, and for a variety of benefits including:
- Improved breast position
- Increased cleavage
- Restoration of a youthful, perky chest
- Increased confidence
- Improved symmetry of the breasts
Our doctors are extremely experienced with the breast lift procedure. We take the time to listen to each patient and decide on a plan that will best suit their goals. The four types of breast lift incisions are anchor, periareolar, crescent, and lollipop. Each can be used to achieve varying levels of change in the breast and during your consultation, we’ll consider your goals as well as the current state of your breast to decide which incision type is right for you.
We perform technically advanced procedures to provide the best possible result for our patients. We’ll also walk you through the breast lift procedure from beginning to end, and explain what you can expect following your procedure so you feel 100% confident prior to undergoing surgery. If you’re interested in a breast lift and want to learn more, schedule a consultation with the doctors at Bruno | Brown.
To schedule a consultation for your breast lift in DC with one of the experienced plastic surgeons at Bruno | Brown Plastic Surgery call 301-215-5955 or click here.
The breast augmentation procedure is an incredibly common plastic surgery procedure. Hundreds of thousands of women choose to undergo the procedure each year. But if you’re considering a breast augmentation, there are preparations and considerations you should make beforehand.
Before a consultation with a plastic surgeon you should prepare for the conversation and consider the following:
- Your goals– Your doctor will want to discuss your goals for the procedure. Not all breast augmentations are the same and your doctor can tailor the procedure to your specific goals.
- Type of augmentation– We use three different types of implants, each with their own set of benefits, and we also perform breast augmentation with fat grafting. Depending on a variety of factors we can help you choose the procedure that’s right for you.
- How the procedure can benefit you– The procedure can increase the size of your breasts, improve volume and cleavage, and boost your overall confidence. You’ll want to consider if the benefits line up with what you want to achieve.
Choosing Bruno | Brown Plastic Surgery for a DC breast augmentation
Our highly trained doctors are committed to producing the best possible results for our patients through technically advanced procedures. We take the time to listen to your goals, get to know your lifestyle, and what you’re hoping to achieve through the procedure. Through our initial consultation, we can get a better idea of what implant would work for you, or if fat grafting may be the best option. We walk you through what to expect from beginning to end so you feel fully prepared going into your procedure. We’ll support you the entire way and will do everything we can to ensure your result is what you want.
To schedule a consultation with one of the doctors at Bruno | Brown Plastic Surgery for your DC breast augmentation call 301-215-5955 or click here.