You have questions, we have answers! You’ve likely heard of a tummy tuck, a breast lift or reduction, liposuction and more, but what about a mommy makeover? This popular procedure has become a great option for moms who’ve found that diet and exercise can’t help them achieve the body they want on top of their busy schedules as moms and often career women. If you’re curious about the procedure and want to know, more keep reading.
Q: What is a mommy makeover?
A: The mommy makeover is not a one size fits all procedure. We recognize that each woman has different “problem” areas that they would like to address. The mommy makeover can include a tummy tuck, breast lift, breast augmentation, breast reduction, liposuction and more. It’s designed to fit your needs and give you the body you’ve been trying to achieve.
Q: Why combine multiple procedures?
A: We recommend combining procedures, for example, a tummy tuck and breast augmentation, as it ends up combining your recovery time. Many moms don’t have much free time to recover from surgery so when you get more than one procedure at once, your downtime is cut in half. The typical recovery time is 2-3 weeks depending on the procedures you have done.
Q: Is it right for me?
A: We’ll discuss this during your consultation but there are a variety of factors to consider before going through surgery. For instance, we recommend that moms are done having children as their bodies can continue to change following another pregnancy. We also recommend that patients are healthy overall and have realistic expectations for their procedure.
How to prepare for a mommy makeover consultation
When you come for your consultation we’ll discuss your goals and what areas you would like to target. We can explain your different surgical options so you understand what you’re signing up for before we get started. Our main goals are to achieve your satisfaction and keep your wellbeing top of mind.
To schedule your consultation for a mommy makeover procedure with Bruno | Brown Plastic Surgery call 301-215-5955 or click here.
Thousands of individuals undergo the tummy tuck procedure every year. Whether it’s to get back to a pre-baby body, remove excess skin from weight loss, or simply to improve the look of their tummy, we’re ready to help you achieve your tummy goals. But despite its popularity and countless articles with FAQs, there are questions you should ask during your tummy tuck consultation.
Questions for your tummy tuck consultation
- What procedure is right for me? We perform full, mini, and extended tummy tucks to help our patients achieve their desired look. Depending on your goals and the amount of fat/skin removal required to get there will dictate what procedure is right for you.
- What is your experience with the procedure? It’s important that your surgeon is well versed in the procedure you’re looking to have completed.
- What can I expect for recovery time? Recovery time will vary depending on the extent of your procedure so you should ask your surgeon what to expect prior to getting started. Additionally, some individuals heal faster than others so your surgeon should be able to give you an estimated recovery time based on a variety of factors. The average recovery time is roughly 2-3 weeks.
- Is this the best procedure for me? You may think a tummy tuck is best for you and can achieve your results but that may not be the case. In some scenarios, we recommend additional procedures to achieve your desired look. For example, a mommy makeover if you’re trying to achieve your pre-baby body or an arm or thigh lift if you have additional skin that needs to be removed.
Choosing the right DC plastic surgeon for your tummy tuck
It’s of the utmost importance that you trust your plastic surgeon and feel comfortable. At Bruno | Brown our doctors are highly experienced in performing technically advanced procedures to achieve the best possible results for our patients. We take the time to listen to our patients and get a feel for their goals to ensure they’re opting for the best procedure for them. We’ll happily answer any questions you have along the way and be there to support you throughout your recovery.
To schedule your consultation for a tummy tuck with the experienced plastic surgeons at Bruno | Brown call 301-215-5955 or click here.
Are you considering breast implants and aren’t sure where to start? Whenever you’re considering plastic surgery you want a surgeon you can trust who can recommend the best procedure for you. At Bruno | Brown we take the time to get to know our patients and their goals. When a potential patient comes to us looking for breast implants we’ll look at each implant type to ensure you’re getting the best one for you.
Each implant can offer a different fullness, projection, and overall feel. We carefully select implants based on your current and desired breast appearance. Breast implants can offer you a larger appearance, more cleavage, and improved symmetry.
- Saline implants– These implants offer a firmer feel and can be filled to your preferred volume
- Silicone implants– Silicone implants can be filled to the desired fill for each breast and offer a more natural feel.
- Ideal implants– Ideal implants are saline implants that provide a natural feel and youthful look without using silicone gel by using a series of implant shells nested together and two separate chambers that hold the saline.
- Fat grafting– If you’re not entirely sold on breast implants we can consider fat grafting as an alternative using fat from your own body. Ask your doctor during your consultation to see if it’s right for you.
During your consultation, we’ll discuss what your goals are and the appearance you would like to achieve. This will help us decide on the type of procedure that’s right for you and in some cases, we may recommend additional procedures to achieve your ultimate goals. The purpose of your consultation is to answer your questions and find out what’s best for you and what your options are. We aim to achieve your complete satisfaction and give you the breasts you dream of.
To schedule your consultation with the experienced doctors at Bruno | Brown Plastic Surgery and find out if breast implants are right for you call 301-215-5955 or click here.
When it comes to the breasts, there are seemingly endless procedures that can be done to improve their appearance. Whether it’s an augmentation, a lift, or reduction there are several ways that women choose to enhance their breasts when exercise, diet, and clever bra hacks have failed to give them the appearance they desire. If you’re interested in a breast lift and/or augmentation or reduction there are a few considerations you should make.
The 3 considerations you need to make for your breast lift in DC
- Your desired look– It’s important to know what you want your end result to be. You may simply want your breasts to have a bit of a boost but also consider if you want to enlarge them or make them smaller in the process. This will help us decide what procedure or procedures will give you your desired result.
- Your lifestyle and future plans– A breast lift is a great way to give you a perkier chest that can end up making you look more youthful but consider your plans for the future before undergoing a procedure. For example, if you’re planning on having children in the future, pregnancy can drastically alter the appearance of your breasts. We typically recommend that patients do not plan to become pregnant following their procedure due to the changes in their bodies. This is something you can discuss with your doctor during your consultation.
- The benefits– Consider if the benefits line up with your overall goals. Prior to undergoing any cosmetic procedure, we want our patients to fully understand what the procedure involves before they commit to anything. We want to ensure it’s the right procedure for you before we get started so you’ll be completely satisfied with your results.
During your consultation, we’ll walk you through the steps of a breast lift and discuss whether or not we should combine an augmentation or reduction with your lift to give you the overall look you desire. We’ll answer any questions you have about the procedure as well as recovery so you feel confident moving forward.
To schedule a consultation with one of our top-rated plastic surgeons and learn more about how a breast lift in DC may benefit you call 301-215-5955 or click here.
Bruno | Brown is starting 2021 strong!
We are excited to announce that Bruno | Brown has been named as “Top Vote Getter” in Bethesda Magazine’s “Best of Bethesda” Readers’ Poll.
This award is designated to Bethesda Magazine Readers’ Pick, Runner Up, in the “Best Aesthetics” category. We are honored to receive this recognition.
Being named a “Top Vote Getter” in Bethesda Magazine adds to the many awards and accolades given to Drs. Bruno and Brown for their innovative and top-notch work in the field of plastic surgery in the DC area.
Ready to jumpstart your 2021 aesthetic goals? Book a consultation with our award-winning plastic surgeons.
Schedule my appointment >
We are thrilled to announce our recognition as 2021 “Top Cosmetic Surgeons” in Washingtonian Magazine.
Bruno | Brown Plastic Surgery has long been considered one of the top plastic surgery practices in the DC metro area, and we’re honored to accept this recognition.
This adds to the long list of awards and accolades given to Drs. Bruno and Brown in recognition of their outstanding work in the field of plastic surgery in the DC area.
Ready for your consultation?
Schedule my appointment >
Treat Yourself at Our Skin Care Center
Experience our ZO Stimulator Peel & Brightening Masque for only $99! Must use code “Glow2021” to redeem this special.
This no-downtime peel is designed to exfoliate the skin while stimulating collagen and elastin. It’s suitable for any skin type or color. The peel features a combination of alpha-hydroxy acids to improve skin texture and tone, while a brightening complex prevents new pigmentation. This gentle, yet effective treatment features anti-irritants and antioxidants to minimize skin irritation and redness.
Skin Brightening Masque:
This masque helps brighten skin for a fresher, clearer, and more youthful complexion. Green tea extracts help create even skin and minimize brown spots. This masque replenishes and rehydrates by preventing water loss while soothing the skin and providing antioxidants to protect the skin from further damage.
Call 301-215-5955 or fill out the form below to redeem this special offer!
*ZO Stimulator Peel & Skin Brightening Masque package valid through February 28th.
Hundreds of thousands of women undergo the breast augmentation procedure each year. The incredibly popular procedure can involve a variety of implant types or a fat transfer procedure. With several options, you may be wondering which procedure is right for you. While your goals for your breasts may end up dictating which augmentation is right for you, many women opt for a fat transfer procedure as opposed to implants.
The fat transfer breast augmentation is a great option for women who want to enlarge their breasts without the use of implants and also remove fat from other areas of the body. The procedure involves removing fat from another area of your body, such as the tummy, and placing the fat within the breasts to enlarge their appearance. This procedure also leaves behind minimal scarring and has a short recovery time of just a couple of days.
Each type of implant or transfer of fat can give a different overall result. During your consultation, we’ll discuss your goals for your breasts and how each type of implant or fat transfer could benefit you. Our doctors are highly trained and perform technically advanced procedures to achieve the best possible results. We can walk you through the specifics of each procedure so you feel informed prior to making a decision on how to move forward. We will also support you throughout your recovery period to ensure everything is healing properly even with minimally invasive procedures.
Whether you’re just getting started in the process of learning about procedure options or you’re ready to move forward, schedule a consultation with us today to learn more about your options and what may work best for you.
To schedule a consultation and learn if a fat transfer breast augmentation is the right procedure for you call 301-215-5955 or click here.
Meet Skin Care Specialist Rafaella!
For 8+ years, Rafaella has passionately helped patients reach their physical wellness. After studying at the Dermal Science Institute and working with several well-known DMV area doctors, she brings a wealth of knowledge, coupled with her belief that “unique beauty deserves unique care.”
We are excited to welcome her to the team!
Rafaella is currently taking appointments for consultations, microneedling, facials, chemical peels, dermaplaning, and IPL (Intense Pulsed Light Treatment). Book today, and get your skin on the right track!
To schedule a consultation with one of our skin care specialists, call 301-215-5955 or click here.
We all have New Year’s resolutions, many of which focus on our wellbeing both inside and outside of our body. Unfortunately for many busy moms, sometimes even with an excellent diet, exercise, and mental health routine you still have trouble reaching your goals. This year, don’t give up on your goals just because your routine isn’t working. If you’re ready to see a change in your body that can improve your confidence and give you the shape you want, a mommy makeover might be right for you.
- It’s meant to fit your goals– Not all mommy makeovers are the same because not all patients are the same. Some patients wish to focus only on one area of their body while others want to target several. Common areas include the breasts, tummy, and buttocks.
- It can combine recovery times for multiple procedures– Some patients think that splitting up their procedures into several surgeries will help with recovery, but the fact is that when we do several procedures at once we can actually combine your recovery time getting you to your goals and back to normal quicker.
- It can help boost your confidence– For many moms, the changes you see in your body following pregnancy are hard to adjust to and can seriously affect your confidence and mental health. Many of our patients report that the changes following their mommy makeover have changed their outlook for the better and they feel more confident and comfortable in their own skin.
Your mommy makeover consultation with Bruno | Brown Plastic Surgery
During your consultation, we’ll discuss your lifestyle and the changes you want to see in your body. From there we can recommend procedures that may benefit you and go through the specifics of each so you feel fully informed prior to making a decision. Our team will support you throughout your recovery and aims to help you achieve the body you’ve always wanted through technically advanced procedures.
To schedule your consultation with the doctors at Bruno | Brown Plastic Surgery for your mommy makeover procedure 301-215-5955 or click here.