Thousands of women each year choose to undergo a mommy makeover to restore their pre-baby bodies. Many of our patients come to us wondering “what exactly does the procedure include?” The procedure is not a one-size-fits-all and is meant to target your specific needs which can involve a variety of different plastic surgery procedures.
Typical procedures performed during a mommy makeover
When you come to Bruno | Brown for a consultation for a mommy makeover we’ll talk about the areas of your body you would like to target to come up with procedures that could benefit you. Common procedures include:
- Breast Augmentation– A breast augmentation is very popular among women who have gone through pregnancy and nursing and therefore lost breast volume they once had. If you’re looking to either restore volume or gain volume you never had, breast implants can be a great option.
- Tummy Tuck– A tummy tuck is a very common option for a mommy makeover as pregnancy, childbirth, and weight loss can leave your stomach with excess skin and fat as well as stretch marks. A tummy tuck can target your specific issues with your stomach area and is meant to fit your needs.
- Breast Lift– Another common breast surgery performed during a mommy makeover is a breast lift. Your breasts can sag over time due to aging or following the birth of a child. A lift can give you the perky, youthful chest you once had and can even be combined with other breast procedures to achieve your desired results.
- Liposuction– Liposuction can target areas of stubborn fat across your body that no amount of diet and exercise seems to be able to address. It can also be a great option for those who do not wish to undergo a full tummy tuck.
How to prepare for a consultation for a mommy makeover
When you schedule a consultation to learn more about your procedure options come with a list of questions to ask your surgeon as well as the areas of your body you want to see a change in. Our doctors will explain the options you have to achieve your body contouring goals and answer any questions you have about the process.
Recovery periods vary from patient to patient and depend on the procedures you select which we’ll discuss with you so you know what to expect. Our plastic surgeons aim to achieve your goals and complete satisfaction with your results.
To schedule your consultation for a mommy makeover with Bruno | Brown Plastic Surgery call 301-215-5955.
Dr. Brown was recognized as one of the top doctors by Bethesda Magazine!
Make sure to get your own copy to read the feature. Congratulations, Dr. Brown!
Read Dr. Brown’s bio here >
See all of our Awards & Press here >
Are you one of the many women whose breasts have begun to sag over time due to aging, weight loss, and pregnancy? Over time, breasts lose their elasticity and can begin to sag leaving them looking deflated and you feeling less than confident in your own skin. If you’re unhappy with the appearance of your breasts and ready to make a permanent change, a breast lift might be the right option for you.
The breast lift procedure explained
The breast lift procedure is meant to enhance your breasts’ shape by giving them a more youthful and perky appearance. In this procedure, incisions are made to the breasts in order to lift the breast and improve the overall contour. After the incisions have been made, the underlying breast tissue is lifted and reshaped, the nipple and areola are repositioned, and any excess breast skin is removed. There are a few ways the procedure can be performed:
- Anchor: 3 basic incisions, one around the areola, one vertical to the breast crease, and one horizontal along the breast crease
- Lollipop: 2 basic incisions, one around the areola and one vertical to the breast crease
- Periareolar: 1 incision around the areola
- Crescent: 1 along the top half of the areola
This procedure is meant to lift the breasts, but many patients are curious about adding breast volume or even reducing volume. During your consultation with our experienced plastic surgeons, we’ll go through your goals with you to help determine if you’re a good candidate for a lift as well as any additional procedure such as breast augmentation.
The typical breast lift surgery takes roughly 2-3 hours to perform and the recovery, which varies from patient to patient, averages 1-2 weeks.
Our doctors are highly trained and perform technically advanced procedures to achieve the best possible results for our patients. We take a holistic approach to plastic surgery and aim to give you the results you desire. We’ll talk through the different procedure options with you and answer any questions you have so you feel confident moving forward.
To schedule a consultation with one of our plastic surgeons and learn more about if a breast lift is right for you call 301-215-5955.
The tummy tuck procedure, also known as an abdominoplasty, is a procedure that can help reduce excess skin and fat in your midsection. Many individuals opt into the procedure following the birth of a child, excess weight loss, or simply to improve the look of their stomach. No matter your reasoning, there are a few things to know before deciding on the procedure.
The top 3 things you should know about tummy tucks
- There are several procedure options: There are three procedures we perform at Bruno | Brown. The full tummy tuck involves an incision across the hip line and around the belly button. The mini involves a smaller incision and is often complemented with liposuction. Lastly, the extended best suited to individuals who have lost a significant amount of weight involves extending the incision around the sides and possibly the lower back.
- You can combine the procedure with others to achieve your goals: When you lose weight you may be left with stretch marks, loose abdominal muscles, and excess skin. While tummy tuck surgery can help with your stomach area, you may have other areas you would like to target. Many patients choose to combine procedures, especially women who are hoping to get back to a pre-baby body through what’s called a mommy makeover. We can discuss your body contouring goals and additional procedures that can be done at the same time to achieve your ultimate body goals.
- The recovery can vary based on your procedure: For more minor procedures patients may notice results as soon as the next day, but for more extensive procedures patients can expect a 2-3 week recovery. Our team will be there to support you throughout your healing process and ensure your comfort and complete satisfaction.
What to expect during your tummy tuck consultation
During your consultation, we’ll discuss the procedure and what you can expect before, during, and after. Our surgeons are highly trained and perform technically advanced procedures to achieve the best possible result. We’ll answer any of your questions throughout the process and aim for your complete satisfaction with your results.
To schedule a consultation with one of our experienced plastic surgeons to learn more about the tummy tuck and if it’s right for you, call 301-215-5955 or fill out our online form.
Are you currently considering breast implants but aren’t sure if they’re right for you? The experienced plastic surgeons at Bruno | Brown Plastic Surgery are here to help you determine if the procedure is right for you.
Breast implants can be used to increase the size of your breasts, restore fullness lost due to aging or weight loss, and offer more symmetry among many other benefits.
There are several types of breast implants including:
- Saline Breast Implants: The shell is filled with saline to your preferred volume, increasing the shape and size of your breasts with a firmer feel.
- Silicone Breast Implants: A silicone shell is filled to your desired volume and offers a more natural feel.
- Ideal Breast Implants: Ideal Implants are saline implants that provide a natural feel and youthful look without using silicone gel by using a series of implant shells nested together and two separate chambers that hold the saline.
During your consultation, we’ll go through each type of implant to help you decide which is best for you. We’ll talk about your goals for your breast augmentation surgery, the size and shape you’re trying to achieve, and any other goals you’re hoping to achieve.
How we can support you during your breast implant recovery
Following your procedure, we will provide you with a supportive surgical bra to help control swelling. The average recovery time for most patients is between 1-2 weeks. It can vary depending on how the individual heals, but most can return to regular activity after a week and exercise after you’re fully healed.
To schedule a consultation with one of our plastic surgeons and learn more about how breast augmentation can help you achieve your goals call 301-215-5955 or reach out online.
Pamper Your Skin with a Special You Can’t Beat
For the month of August, we’re offering our Signature Facial for just $99 (a $200 value), PLUS 10% off of any ZO® products you purchase while at your facial appointment*.
THIS OFFER IS NOW OVER.
Feel relaxed and walk out glowing after a double cleanse, exfoliation, steaming, extractions, and lymphatic massage followed up with a custom mask and serum.
Call 301-215-5955 or fill out the form >
The fine print:
*This special must be booked and redeemed by August 31, 2022. Only valid at our Chevy Chase location. Please mention the special offer when booking your appointment if you call. Special only redeemable for the Signature Facial, 10% off is applicable only to ZO products purchased while at your facial appointment.*
The rhinoplasty procedure is an incredibly common procedure for those who wish to alter the shape and size of their nose. Also known as a nose job, the procedure can help individuals change the look of their nose and even have medical benefits such as improved breathing ability. Whether you’re interested in the procedure to alter your nose’s appearance, improve your breathing, or a bit of both a nose job might be right for you.
Questions to ask during your rhinoplasty consultation
What does the procedure involve?
During an open rhinoplasty, incisions are made to the tissue between the nostril and the nose crease. During a closed rhinoplasty, incisions to the inside of the nose through the nostrils
Is the procedure covered by insurance?
If your nose surgery is necessary due to trauma, or other health reasons, the staff at Bruno | Brown will help you find out if your insurance will cover some or all of the procedure costs.
Are there non-surgical alternatives?
There are non-surgical alternatives to a rhinoplasty. Depending on your goals, we may be able to achieve the aesthetic appearance you’re aiming for through the use of carefully placed injectable fillers.
What are the benefits?
There are several benefits of a nose job including:
- Reforms a nose which has been broken
- Reshapes a nose with an irregular shape
- Alters nasal size which is too narrow, constricted, wide, or upturned
- Reduces or lengthens breadth or height of a nose
- Smooths a crooked or bent nasal bone
- Improves breathing restricted by a deviated septum
How To Know You’ve Found The Right Surgeon for Your Rhinoplasty
It’s important to feel you’ve selected the right surgeon for any plastic surgery procedure. You’ll want a surgeon you’re comfortable with who has the experience and proven results to help you safely achieve your goals. Our doctors are highly trained and perform technically advanced procedures to achieve the best possible results for our patients.
We’ll take the time to listen to you and answer any questions you have before moving forward. Our dedicated team will be there to support you throughout your recovery and ensure you’re completely satisfied with your results.
To learn more about the rhinoplasty procedure and if it’s right for you, give us a call at 301-215-5955 or reach out online.
Your body goes through massive changes during pregnancy. For most women, it can be difficult to find time for a proper diet and exercise routine following the birth of a child leaving them feeling less than confident in their body. If you’ve been unable to achieve your post-pregnancy body goals, even with diet and exercise efforts, a mommy makeover procedure may be what you’ve been looking for.
What the mommy makeover procedure includes:
The mommy makeover procedure is meant to be tailored to your specific needs. There are a variety of procedures that women choose to undergo as a part of their makeover.
- Tummy tuck– The tummy tuck is very popular for women who have gone through a pregnancy. Pregnancy can change the look of your stomach and leave behind stretch marks, excess skin, and fat. A tummy tuck can help you get a flatter stomach with toned-looking abdominal muscles post-baby.
- Liposuction– Not all women need a full tummy tuck to achieve their tummy goals. Liposuction can be used to remove excess fat in the stomach as well as other areas of the body where you may have gained a bit of extra fat during pregnancy that doesn’t seem to want to go away.
- Breast augmentation– Many women opt for some type of breast surgery post-baby. A great time to have any sort of breast altering procedure is after you’re done having children due to the effects pregnancy can have on the breasts. If pregnancy has left your breasts looking a little deflated or you’ve always wanted to enlarge your breasts, a breast augmentation may be right for you.
- Breast lift– The breast lift procedure is another common procedure for women post-pregnancy. Breastfeeding, pregnancy, and aging can make your breasts sag over time which, for many women, isn’t ideal. A breast lift can help boost your breasts making them look more youthful, and can be combined with an augmentation or breast reduction procedure.
Why so many women have chosen Bruno | Brown for their mommy makeover
Our highly trained doctors have experience in a variety of plastic surgery procedures. We perform technically advanced procedures in our state-of-the-art facility. Our surgeons will discuss your goals with you as well as the surgical procedures that may help you reach your goals. We’ll discuss each procedure, what you can expect, and the expected recovery period.
Read a review from a recent patient:
“I did a lot of research, and had multiple consults before ultimately choosing to move forward with my breast augmentation with Dr. Bruno. Of the multiple plastic surgeons I vetted, Bruno/Brown was by far the most articulate, thorough, professional and kind clinics. With any plastic surgery/operation, there is always a level of anxiety, because it is a big life decision, but they were able to put me at ease throughout the entire process. Their follow through has been equally impressive – Dr. Bruno called me the evening of my surgery to check on me, and his office called me the following morning to check on me as well. I cannot say enough good things about them, and would recommend them 10X over.”
To schedule a consultation with one of our experienced plastic surgeons for a mommy makeover in DC call 301-215-5955 or reach out online.