Your body goes through major changes during and after pregnancy. For many women, it’s difficult to get back to a pre-baby body even with diet and exercise. While it’s entirely normal for your body to change over time, if you’re feeling less than confident in your appearance it can affect your health and happiness. If you’re tired of diets and exercise plans that don’t seem to help, a mommy makeover might be right for you.
What’s included? The mommy makeover procedure can be a combination of a variety of procedures. Typically, women opt for a combination of the following:
- Breast Augmentation
- Tummy Tuck
- Breast Lift
- Breast Reduction
- Brazilian Butt Lift
What’s the recovery like? The recovery period varies from patient to patient and depends on what combination of procedures you decide to undergo. While it may seem like a lot to undergo multiple procedures, we recommend doing it all at once as it allows you to combine your recovery times and reach your body contouring goals faster.
How do you determine what procedure I need? During a consultation, we’ll discuss your specific goals and what you would like to achieve through your surgery. We’ll then go through the procedures we can perform to help you achieve your goals so you know what to expect.
Finding the right plastic surgeon for your DC mommy makeover
It’s important to find a doctor you trust who is known for producing incredible results. Our doctors are highly trained and perform technically advanced procedures to achieve the best possible results. We take the time to listen to each patient to ensure we know what they want and aim for the complete satisfaction of every patient.
To schedule a consultation for a mommy makeover call 301-215-5955 or reach out online.
Whether you’re considering a minor cosmetic procedure or several body contouring procedures, you want to find a plastic surgeon you feel you can trust.
- What is your experience with the procedures I’m interested in? While there are several fantastic plastic surgeons in the Washington, DC area, you want to find a surgeon who is highly experienced with the procedure(s) you’re interested in. Our surgeons are experienced in a wide variety of surgical procedures and have the before and after results to prove it.
- How do you determine if a procedure is right for me? We often have patients who come in with a specific procedure in mind, but we want to ensure that the procedure you want is in line with your goals. If there is a procedure or combination of procedures that will help you achieve your specific goals we’ll go through your options with you so that you can make an informed decision.
- What support do you offer during and after recovery? You should look for a surgeon who is not only experienced and knowledgeable but also able to support you throughout your recovery. Our doctors will discuss what to expect during recovery prior to your procedure so that you know how to prepare. During your recovery, our team will be there to help answer your questions and support you. We aim for your complete satisfaction with your results.
- Breast surgeries: We perform a variety of breast procedures including breast augmentations, breast reconstructions, breast lifts, and breast reductions.
- Body contouring procedures: We’ve helped patients achieve their body contouring goals through a variety of procedures including tummy tucks, full mommy makeovers, Brazilian butt lifts, and liposuction.
- Non-surgical procedures: Our doctors perform both surgical and non-surgical procedures to achieve the goals of our patients. If you’re not sure a surgical procedure is right for you we’ll discuss your non-surgical options such as laser-lipo, fillers, and chemical peels to name a few.
To schedule your consultation with one of our DC plastic surgeons and learn more about how we can help you achieve your goals call 301-215-5955 or fill out our online form.
Over time your breasts can begin to sag, lose volume, and look less youthful than they once did. This can be due to factors such as pregnancy, weight loss, and aging. While it is entirely normal for the appearance of your breasts to change over time, you may feel less than confident in your appearance.
If you’re looking to improve the appearance of your breast volume, remove excess skin, and regain your youthful breasts, a breast lift might be right for you.
In this procedure, incisions are made to sagging breasts in order to lift the breast and improve the overall contour. After the incisions are made, the underlying breast tissue is lifted and reshaped, the nipple and areola are repositioned, and any excess breast skin is removed.
There are four ways the procedure can be performed. Depending on the extent of the breast lift you need, your doctor will choose one of the following options:
- Anchor: 3 basic incisions, one around the areola, one vertical to the breast crease, and one horizontal along the breast crease
- Lollipop: 2 basic incisions, one around the areola and one vertical to the breast crease
- Periareolar: 1 incision around the areola
- Crescent: 1 along the top half of the areola
Our board-certified plastic surgeons are dedicated to achieving your goals through technically advanced procedures. We’ll get to know you, discuss whether you’re a good candidate for the procedure, and explain what you can expect following the procedure. We’ll do everything we can to achieve your goals and if additional procedures are required to achieve them, such as breast augmentation for additional volume, we’ll walk you through that process. Our team will be there to support you throughout your recovery and answer any questions you have.
To schedule an appointment with one of our plastic surgeons and find out if the breast lift is right for you.
If you have loose skin and excess fat in your midsection that no amount of diet and exercise seems to help, a tummy tuck might be right for you.
Procedure: There are three types of tummy tuck procedures that can be used to achieve your goals. The three options are the full, the mini, and the extended. A full tummy tuck involves an incision across the hip line and around the belly button. A mini involves a smaller incision and is often complemented with liposuction. The extended is best suited to individuals who have lost a significant amount of weight, involves extending the incision around the sides and possibly the lower back.
Preparation: It’s important to ensure you’re a good candidate for this procedure. Good candidates are typically individuals with excess skin and fat in their midsection, are in general good health, near their ideal weight, don’t plan on any future pregnancies. Once we’ve determined this is the right procedure for you we’ll walk you through what to expect before and after the procedure so you can properly prepare.
Recovery: Recovery varies from patient to patient but on average it’s about 1-2 weeks. Our team will be there to support you throughout your healing process and answer any questions you have during that time.
Our board-certified plastic surgeons are highly experienced with a variety of cosmetic surgery procedures. During your consultation, we’ll discuss your body contouring goals and if there are any other areas you would like to target. Some patients choose to undergo more than one procedure at once to combine recovery times and reach their ultimate body goals.
We’ll discuss your overall appearance goals to find the right combination of procedures for you. We aim for your complete satisfaction and will be there to support you throughout the process.
To schedule your consultation for a tummy tuck with Bruno | Brown Plastic Surgery call 301-215-5955 or fill out our online form.
Are you considering increasing the size of your breasts through breast implants or fat grafting? Breast augmentation is a very common plastic surgery procedure chosen by thousands of women each year. The procedure can help improve the symmetry of the breasts, increase size, increase volume, and help a woman achieve the breasts she’s been dreaming of.
Before undergoing your procedure we’ll determine whether an implant or fat-grafting is right for you. The different options are:
- Fat Grafting: This can be done to achieve a fuller look with a careful injection of fat. In this procedure, fat is injected through very small cannulas leaving minimal evidence of the procedure.
- Saline Breast Implants: For saline implants, the shell is filled with saline to your desired volume, increasing the shape and size of your breasts with a firmer feel.
- Silicone Breast Implants: For silicone implants, the implant shell is filled to your desired volume. This type of implant offers a more natural feel.
- Ideal Breast Implants: Ideal Implants are saline implants that provide a natural feel and youthful look without using silicone gel. Ideal Implants use a series of implant shells nested together and two separate chambers that hold the saline.
During your consultation, we’ll discuss your cosmetic surgery goals and each option as they relate to your goals. For some patients, we even add an additional procedure to achieve their goals. For example, a breast lift or even a tummy tuck can be added so that your recovery time is combined and you can achieve all your goals at one time.
Our board-certified plastic surgeons perform technically advanced surgical procedures to achieve the best possible results for our patients. We aim for your complete satisfaction with your results and will answer any questions you have along the way. Our team will also be there to support you through your breast augmentation recovery, which typically lasts 1-2 weeks.
To schedule a consultation with one of our doctors and discuss your breast augmentation options call 301-215-5955 or fill out our consultation form online.
THIS OFFER IS NOW CLOSED.
DON’T LET FROWN LINES GET YOU DOWN THIS SUMMER ☹️
Come see Nurse Injector Charissa for $12/UNIT BOTOX INJECTIONS!
🏖️The perfect mid-summer pick-me-up 🏖️
Book your appointment before you miss out!
Contact us to schedule >
*A few important notes*
*Must be purchased and redeemed by July 22, 2022*
*Offer valid only with Nurse Injector Charissa*
*Botox is $12/unit, 40 unit minimum*
*Units can’t be banked*
The breast reduction procedure, also known as reduction mammaplasty, is a procedure to remove excess breast fat, glandular tissue, and skin to achieve a more proportional breast. The procedure can help alleviate discomfort caused by overly large breasts and help women achieve breasts they feel comfortable with.
The 5 things you should know about breast reduction
- The procedure may be covered by insurance– Many women qualify for insurance coverage for their breast reduction if it is for medical reasons, such as stress on the back and neck.
- Breast reduction surgery can reduce back and neck pain– Overly large breasts can cause intense pain in the back, neck, and other areas of your body over time. This can end up limiting the patient’s physical activity and cause emotional stress over time. By reducing the size of your breasts and making them match the proportions of your body, the procedure can reduce pain and improve your happiness with your breasts.
- Your surgery is meant to cater to your needs– Our doctors will discuss your specific goals with you, whether it’s a large reduction in breast size, a small reduction, or you’re looking to have a reduction and lift. Our main concern is your
- Depending on your goals, a breast lift might be right for you– The procedure that is best for you is dependent on several factors. If you like the size of your breasts but want them to appear perkier, a breast lift will probably be best. If the size of your breasts is too large, then you may want to undergo breast reduction. In some cases, patients will undergo both procedures. We’ll discuss if this is right for you during your consultation.
- Recovery is typically 1-2 weeks– Recovery time varies from patient to patient but the typical recovery time is 1-2 weeks. Our team is here to support you throughout your recovery during the days and weeks after surgery.
At Bruno | Brown we aim to help our patients achieve their goals to improve their physical and emotional happiness. During your consultation, we’ll discuss if you’re a good candidate for breast reduction, what to expect in the days after surgery, and answer any questions you have along the way. We perform technically advanced procedures to achieve the best possible results and are ready to help you find the procedure that’s right for you.
To schedule your plastic surgery consultation for a breast reduction with Bruno | Brown call 301-215-5955 or reach out online.