5 Things to Know About Breast Reduction Surgery
The breast reduction procedure, also known as reduction mammaplasty, is a procedure to remove excess breast fat, glandular tissue, and skin to achieve a more proportional breast. The procedure can help alleviate discomfort caused by overly large breasts and help women achieve breasts they feel comfortable with.
The 5 things you should know about breast reduction
- The procedure may be covered by insurance– Many women qualify for insurance coverage for their breast reduction if it is for medical reasons, such as stress on the back and neck.
- Breast reduction surgery can reduce back and neck pain– Overly large breasts can cause intense pain in the back, neck, and other areas of your body over time. This can end up limiting the patient’s physical activity and cause emotional stress over time. By reducing the size of your breasts and making them match the proportions of your body, the procedure can reduce pain and improve your happiness with your breasts.
- Your surgery is meant to cater to your needs– Our doctors will discuss your specific goals with you, whether it’s a large reduction in breast size, a small reduction, or you’re looking to have a reduction and lift. Our main concern is your
- Depending on your goals, a breast lift might be right for you– The procedure that is best for you is dependent on several factors. If you like the size of your breasts but want them to appear perkier, a breast lift will probably be best. If the size of your breasts is too large, then you may want to undergo breast reduction. In some cases, patients will undergo both procedures. We’ll discuss if this is right for you during your consultation.
- Recovery is typically 1-2 weeks– Recovery time varies from patient to patient but the typical recovery time is 1-2 weeks. Our team is here to support you throughout your recovery during the days and weeks after surgery.
Our experience with breast reduction surgery
At Bruno | Brown we aim to help our patients achieve their goals to improve their physical and emotional happiness. During your consultation, we’ll discuss if you’re a good candidate for breast reduction, what to expect in the days after surgery, and answer any questions you have along the way. We perform technically advanced procedures to achieve the best possible results and are ready to help you find the procedure that’s right for you.
To schedule your plastic surgery consultation for a breast reduction with Bruno | Brown call 301-215-5955 or reach out online.