Brow lift in Chevy Chase: Achieve that youthful look with just a lift of the brow
Feeling like the weight of time has the skin on your face drooping or sagging? Bruno | Brown Plastic Surgery can rewind the clock with an eyebrow lift. Similar to a facelift, this procedure lifts and tightens the loose skin on the face. A brow lift differs from a facelift because it primarily focuses on lifting the upper portion of the face, including the forehead, eyebrow, and eyelids.
What is an eyebrow lift?
An endoscopic brow lift is a facelift procedure that requires a few incisions right inside the hairline through which the tissue is released and suspended. By tightening the deeper layers of your face, this avoids excessive pulling of the surface skin which could leave you with a permanently surprised expression. This procedure is a perfect subtle change to improve the downward pull of an aging face.
Benefits of a brow lift procedure include:
- Reduces the wrinkle lines that develop horizontally across the forehead, as well as those that occur on the bridge of the nose, between the eyes
- Improves frown lines, the vertical creases that develop between the eyebrows
- Raises sagging brows that are hooding the upper eyelids
- Places the eyebrows in an alert and youthful position
Sometimes patients experience fullness in the upper eyelid and think they need a blepharoplasty, when they really just need an eyebrow lift. The weight of their lowering brows has caused their eyelid to bunch up, creating an aged look and altered eye shape. By lifting the brow, the eyelid will naturally open up and look more youthful. By only addressing the eyelid, the patient could risk looking “halfway there” in their end result. Our doctors prefer a more holistic approach and want to ensure you are more than satisfied with the outcome.
Because brow lifts are specific to one portion of the face, they are usually applicable to patients who have no problem with other areas of their face such as their cheeks, neck, and jawline. If these areas are problem areas for you, you want may to consider a full facelift. Reasons for getting a facelift in Chevy Chase, Maryland may include:
- Relaxation of the skin of the face causing sagging
- Deepening of the fold lines between the nose and corner of the mouth
- Fat that has fallen or disappeared
- Jowls development
- Loose skin and excess fat resulting in a double chin or “turkey neck”
Our Chevy Chase facial plastic surgery doctors are well-versed in helping you achieve your desired look by utilizing various techniques and procedures. During your consultation, they will identify your problems, discuss what you would like to change, and explain how they will do it. Your doctor may be the one to tell you whether you’d benefit more from a brow lift or facelift.