Am I a Candidate for Blepharoplasty?March 19, 2014
Blepharoplasty is the medical term for cosmetic eyelid surgery. Commonly performed to correct drooping, baggy, and puffy eyes, blepharoplasty can dramatically improve your appearance, helping you look and feel your very best.
It is important to understand that this procedure isn't right for everyone. During your initial consultation, our Washington DC plastic surgeons will determine whether blepharoplasty is the best option to achieve your aesthetic goals.
A good candidate for blepharoplasty should:
- Be in generally good health.
- Have healthy facial tissue and musculature.
- Have good skin elasticity.
- Desire improvement of aesthetic eye concerns such as drooping or puffiness.
- Have realistic expectations of what the surgery can achieve.
- Not suffer from hypothyroidism, Graves’ disease, hypertension, diabetes, or heart disease.
Patients who suffer from certain eye conditions like glaucoma and detached retina should consult their ophthalmologist before considering eyelid surgery.
If you’re ready to discover how eyelid surgery can rejuvenate your face and give you the youthful appearance you’ve been wanting, please contact Chevy Chase Plastic Surgery today to schedule your initial consultation. We serve patients in the Washington DC area.