Breast Reduction Surgery Washington, DC
Looking to ease discomfort or achieve a breast size that you feel is proportionate to your body? Breast reduction surgery, also known as reduction mammaplasty, is a procedure used to remove excess fat, glandular tissue and skin to minimize breast size.
What is breast reduction surgery?
Patients with hypertrophy (overdeveloped or disproportionately large breasts) often experience discomfort from the weight of their breasts. This can make it challenging to perform common physical activities.
These patients are also more likely to experience issues such as:
- Chronic back, neck and shoulder pain that requires pain medications
- Chronic rash or skin irritation under the breasts
- Nerve pain
- Restricted activity
Although breast reduction surgery is often performed to address medical issues, patients that are simply unhappy with the breast size can still have a breast reduction procedure. Breast reduction surgery lifts and reshapes the breasts for a smaller and more aesthetically pleasing breast contour.
- Improves the aesthetic appearance of the breast
- Improves breast proportions for an overall more balanced silhouette
- Can reduce back, neck and shoulder pain
- Can increase self-confidence
- Improves ability to participate in physical activities
- Clothing and bras will look and feel better
Getting a breast reduction surgery consultation in Washington, DC
During your consultation with the doctors at Bruno | Brown Plastic Surgery you should be completely open in discussing your medical history, any physical conditions you’ve had, why you’re seeking a breast reduction and the goals you have for your outcome.
Your surgeon will discuss how much breast tissue will need to be removed to achieve your goal, and will also help you prepare for surgery and plan for your recovery.
Your Breast Reduction Surgery Recovery in Washington, DC
Breast reduction surgery generally lasts 3-4 hours, no overnight hospital stay is required and you can expect a recovery time of approximately 2-3 weeks.