Can You Get A DC Tummy Tuck For Weight Loss?
Are you curious about tummy tucks? Have you recently lost weight and have excess skin to be removed? Our practice here is to answer all of your tummy tuck procedure-related questions.
What one of our clients said:
I cannot say enough amazing things about this practice and these providers. Dr. Brown is not only a very talented surgeon but also has the absolute kindest bedside manner. He truly cares and always shows it. He is by far one of the most incredible physicians out there!
Jennifer is also wonderful. I was impressed by not only her skills but also her knowledge everything skin-related. She took so much time and care with me- cannot wait to go back to her for my next facial!
It’s important to know right off the bat that tummy tucks are not intended for weight loss. This procedure is not a way to replace an appropriate diet or exercise program for weight loss. If you feel your lifestyle and activity levels will fluctuate or you may become pregnant, we recommend that you wait to get a tummy tuck. During your consultation at Bruno Brown Plastic Surgery, we will discuss your overall goals.
Why Get A Tummy Tuck in DC?
If you are in the Washington DC area and considering getting a tummy tuck procedure, we are the practice for you.
We understand that the tummy area is often considered a problem area for some men and women. Most people have worked hard to lose weight before the procedure and that it can be a bit difficult to get rid of the stubborn extra skin or fat that sticks around, or impossible to tighten the muscles. At Bruno | Brown we help patients achieve exceptional results that can help tighten your waistline, transform your body, and give you a more toned look.
During your consultation with us for your tummy tuck procedure in the Washington DC area, we may discuss:
- Overall goals you have for your waistline
- The incision type
- The amount of excess fat/skin to remove
- Your activity levels
- Your current lifestyle
Making the decision to get a tummy tuck starts with choosing an experience DC plastic surgeon. At Bruno | Brown we know that proven expertise can help with the critical decision-making process. Our doctors, Dr. Brown and Dr. Bruno have decades of experience in making all of their patients feel confident and safe, with the latest practice and safety measures.
Benefits Of A Tummy Tuck, Washington DC
There are several benefits of a tummy tuck. These benefits may include:
- Improving the appearance of one’s abdominal muscles
- Flattening one’s stomach area
- Reducing the size of the waistline
- Reducing the size of one’s hipline
- Enhancing the overall figure
- Tightening the stomach muscles
- Removing excess skin (which may be the result of weight loss or pregnancy)
- Removing loose skin (which may be the result of weight loss or pregnancy)
- Removing hanging skin (which may be the result of weight loss or pregnancy)
- Reducing the appearance of stretch marks, particularly after pregnancy
The healing process is going to differ for every patient. Some patients tend to notice the results of their procedure the very next day. Most patients can return to their regular activity after two or three weeks. Patients may also be able to exercise after being fully healed.
DC Tummy Tuck And Other Procedures
At Bruno | Brown Plastic Surgery we also offer other procedures in addition to tummy tuck surgeries. We offer:
- Breast Augmentations
- Mommy Makeovers
- Brazilian Butt Lifts
- Face Lifts
- and much more surgical and non-surgical options!
We always suggest making a consultation with Dr. Bruno or Dr. Brown regarding your desired goals and specific interest in procedures.
Am I A Good Candidate For Tummy Tuck, DC?
Good candidates for a tummy tuck typically include:
- Individuals who would like to restore their pre-pregnancy bodies
- Patients that have recently lost a significant amount of weight
- Individuals in good general health
- Individuals near their ideal weight or figure
- Individuals that have realistic expectations for their results
- Individuals that have excess skin or fat in the stomach region
Your doctor will work with you to determine which tummy tuck procedure best meets your needs. Some options include:
Full Tummy Tuck: This involves an incision across the hip line and around the belly button
Mini Tummy Tuck: This involves a smaller incision and is often complemented with liposuction
Extended Tummy Tuck: This is best suited to individuals who have lost a significant amount of weight, and involves extending the incision around the sides and possibly the lower back
Our surgeons will tailor your tummy tuck procedure to best suit your needs and fitness goals to result in a beautiful, natural look. If you have any further questions regarding your candidacy or which tummy tuck is right for you, do not hesitate to reach out to the practice to schedule a consultation or ask any additional questions.