DC Breast Reduction: What to Know If You’re Considering the ProcedureSeptember 25, 2019
Are you experiencing back or neck pain due to large, heavy breasts? Do you find that even everyday activities such as walking or small household tasks are difficult because of the size of your breasts? If so, it might be worth considering DC breast reduction.
If You’re Thinking About Breast Reduction in DC, Here Is Some Information You Should Know:
What Is the Procedure Like?
In this procedure, excess skin, fat, and tissue are removed in order to achieve both a reduced size and a desired shape. The breast is also lifted during this procedure.
Am I a Candidate?
Ideal candidates are people who:
- May suffer from hypertrophy, or overdeveloped breasts
- Find that the size of their breasts interferes with everyday tasks
- Experience back or neck pain from the weight of their breasts
- Are limited in their ability to participate in physical activities or exercise
- Have trouble finding clothing that will fit properly
- Have bad posture as a result of the weight of the breasts
What Are the Benefits?
Benefits of the procedure include:
- Improved aesthetic appearance of the breast
- Reduced back and neck pain
- Increased self-confidence
- Improved ability to participate in physical activities
Read more about good candidates and the breast reduction procedure from the American Society of Plastic Surgeons.
DC Breast Reduction: Ensure Your Safety with An Expert Plastic Surgeon
It is important that you find an expert plastic surgeon to ensure the surgery is done correctly. From your consultation to your procedure, the doctors at Bruno | Brown Plastic Surgery will want to understand your complete medical history, any physical conditions you’ve had, why you’re seeking a breast reduction, and the goals you have for your outcome.
Your surgeon will discuss how much breast tissue will need to be removed to achieve your goal, and will also help you prepare for surgery and plan for your recovery.