DC Labiaplasty: What to Expect During Your Procedure
If you’re feeling self-conscious, uncomfortable, or pain around your vaginal area, DC labiaplasty might be the right procedure for you. This procedure improves cosmetic and health concerns by resizing the labia minora and/or labia majora. By undergoing this procedure, you can significantly reduce the discomfort you feel when wearing tight clothes, exercising, or sexual intercourse.
About DC Labiaplasty & The Benefits of the Procedure
Labiaplasty typically results in shorter labia that no longer hang down below the level of the hair-bearing labia majora.
There are two main types of labiaplasty:
- Labia majora: reduces the size and shape of the outer lips of your vagina
- Labia minora: reduces the size and shape of the inner lips
These reductions are typically made using the trim technique or the wedge technique. During the trim technique, the plastic surgeon removes excess skin around the outer edge of the labia. During the wedge technique, a v-shaped “wedge” is cut out of the labia at the widest point then the edges are stitched together.
According to multiple studies, this procedure is associated with a high satisfaction rate of over 90 percent.
Most patients who experienced symptoms from twisting and tugging of their labia, or discomfort during certain kinds of physical activity or intercourse, generally find relief after surgery.
Read more about what to expect during the surgery here.
Most Common Reasons for Labiaplasty in DC:
- Pain wearing tight clothes due to overly large labia
- You want a better sexual experience
- Pain during intercourse due to excessively large labia or sexual avoidance due to anticipated pain associated with intercourse
- Pain while riding a horse or bicycle due to excessively large labia
- Labial sagging and/or you want your vulva region to look more youthful
- Labia Minora extending well beyond the Labia Majora
- Labial asymmetry or enlargement
- You just don’t like the appearance of your labia
Vaginal anatomy varies considerably and can also change over time, particularly after childbirth. Since the labia are small and very sensitive structures, the labiaplasty surgery needs to be performed by expert plastic surgeons such as the doctors at Bruno | Brown Plastic Surgery, who have significant experience in performing labiaplasty surgery.
For more information about DC labiaplasty, or to schedule your consultation, contact us today.