DC Tummy Tuck Plastic Surgery
Getting Tummy Tuck Surgery in DC: If your constant efforts to change your appearance have proved unsuccessful, a tummy tuck procedure may be right for you.
What is a Tummy Tuck?
The Tummy Tuck procedure, also known as abdominoplasty, is a procedure in which the excess skin and fat are removed from around the waistline and stomach. While you may be unsure if a tummy tuck procedure is right to help you achieve a slimmer, more toned mid-section, board-certified plastic surgeons Drs Bruno and Brown are expertly qualified to help you determine if a tummy tuck is right for you.
What are the Benefits of a Tummy Tuck?
- Provides body contouring
- Flattens the stomach area
- Improves the appearance of abdominal muscles
- Reduces the size of the waistline and hipline
- Enhances the overall figure
- Tightens stomach muscles
- Removes excess, loose, or hanging skin, which may be the result of weight loss or pregnancy
- Reduces appearance of stretch marks, particularly after pregnancy
Who Should Consider a Tummy Tuck?
If you’ve been pregnant or experienced significant weight loss, if tireless efforts to improve your appearance have had no avail, or if you simply have excess skin or fat in the stomach region, a body contouring tummy tuck may help you to feel more comfortable in your own skin and allow you reach the goals you’ve set for your appearance.
What Kinds of Tummy Tuck Procedures Can I Have Performed?
DC Plastic Surgeons Drs Bruno and Brown take a unique and holistic approach to tummy tuck procedures, focusing on maximizing the results for your entire waistline, rather than focusing on just the abdomen. Due to the nature of this approach, a tummy tuck procedure with our DC plastic surgeons can help you drop several pant sizes.
As board-certified plastic surgeons we are experts at performing tummy tucks in the DC region, and will work with you to determine which tummy tuck procedure best meets your individual needs to help you achieve your desired appearance.
- Full tummy tuck: involves an incision across the hip line and around the belly button
- Mini tummy tuck: involves a smaller incision and is often complemented by liposuction
- Extended tummy tuck: best suited to individuals who have lost significant amounts of weight, involves incisions around the flank, lower back, and hip line
How Popular are Tummy Tuck Procedures?
According to statistics gathered by the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, in 2016 alone, over 125,000 tummy tuck procedures were performed. This number is up over 100% from 2000.
What is the Recovery Time?
The timeline for a tummy tuck procedure can vary between patients, but most patients will be able to stop taking pain medication within the first week, be back on their feet within 1-2 weeks, be able to exercise again in 4 weeks, often resuming normal activity completely within 1 to 2 months.