Why Should I Consider a DC Tummy Tuck?
If you have been tirelessly dieting and exercising in hopes to lose stubborn stomach fat, but haven’t had much success, a DC tummy tuck may be right for you. Also known as an abdominoplasty, a tummy tuck removes excess skin and fat as well as tightening the abdominal muscles. A tummy tuck lets you attain the waist you want and can improve your overall body shape.
Tummy tucks can’t stop how weight-gain affects your body but can provide long-term results if you maintain a healthy lifestyle.
What Kind of DC Tummy Tucks are There?
Drs. Brown and Bruno will work with you to determine which procedure best fits your needs.
Tummy tuck options include:
- Full tummy tuck: An incision is made around the belly button and across the hip line.
- Mini tummy tuck: This procedure can be supplemented by liposuction and involves a smaller incision.
- Extended tummy tuck: Best for patients who have had significant weight loss, and involves incisions around the flank, lower back, and hip line.
How Should I Prepare for my DC Tummy Tuck?
Your doctor will walk you through all pre and post-operative care. Some pre-operative instructions include:
- No smoking at least four weeks prior to surgery.
- Do not take aspirin or aspirin-containing products.
- Remove any abdominal area or belly button jewelry prior to surgery.
- Fill all your prescriptions before surgery.
Choose a Plastic Surgeon You Can Trust for your DC Tummy Tuck
It’s essential to pick a plastic surgeon that will make you feel comfortable throughout your tummy tuck process. Drs. Brown and Bruno will be with you every step of the way, from initial consultation through the recovery process. Choose an expert plastic surgeon like Drs. Brown and Bruno who have been certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery, an industry-leading organization.