Facelift vs. Fillers: Which is the Best Choice for a Youthful Appearance?
Are you looking for a solution to combat the signs of aging such as wrinkles, fine lines, and sagging skin? Two popular cosmetic procedures are facelifts and fillers.
How do you decide which option is right for you? We’ll compare and contrast facelifts vs. fillers to help you make an informed decision.
Facelift: The Ultimate Solution for Deep Wrinkles and Sagging Skin
A facelift procedure is a surgery that combines surgical and non-invasive techniques to give you that snatched, supple face you had when you were young. Facelifts were the third most popular cosmetic procedure in 2020, according to the American Society of Plastic Surgeons. A facelift often combines a variety of different techniques and procedures into one. To get the perfect youthful skin you once had, you will have to have a consultation to figure out the perfect facelift surgery for you.
Facelift results can make you appear 12 years younger! Here are just some of the benefits:
- Targets lose or sagging skin
- Erases fold lines
- Gets rid of fat that has fallen
- Chisels your jawline
- Can help with double chins
Like every surgical procedure, facelifts can cause complications. This is why we recommend board-certified plastic surgeons. Facelift risks include but are not limited to:
- Facial hair loss
- Skin loss
- Nerve injury
Before you proceed, all risks should be covered in your consultation with your surgeon.
Fillers: The Non-Surgical Solution for Mild to Moderate Signs of Aging
Fillers are the non-invasive alternative to the surgical facelift procedure. Fillers are small injections to create smoother skin and a fuller appearance.
Benefits of Fillers:
Fillers have a smooth and youthful effect on your skin. Some of the benefits of dermal fillers include:
- Fuller wrinkles
- Smooth lines on the skin
- Restore volume to your face
Risks of Fillers:
Filler injections can have risks that you need to consider; some of these include:
- Eruption of acne
- Bruising, scarring, wounds
- Skin irritation
Factors to Consider When Choosing Between Facelifts vs. Fillers
Both facelifts and fillers are effective ways to get that gorgeous youthful skin back to its prime. There are several factors to consider when deciding between a facelift and fillers, including:
- A facelift will last longer than fillers. Face fillers are injections, similar to Botox; you will have to continue to go back to the doctor to continue to maintain that look.
- Facelift is a surgical procedure. A facelift takes about 3 to 5 hours with a recovery time of 2 to 3 weeks. While fillers take 20 to 30 minutes and there is no recovery time.
- Face fillers do not target the elasticity of the skin. In a facelift, you get the added benefit of getting rid of excess fat and sagging skin, which fillers do not address.