Is an Annandale Tummy Tuck the Right Procedure for You?September 11, 2019
If you have been dieting and exercising in hopes to lose stubborn stomach fat but haven’t had much success, an Annandale tummy tuck may be the right procedure for you. A tummy tuck, also known as an abdominoplasty, removes excess skin and fat as well as tightens the abdominal muscles.
Tummy tucks can’t stop how weight-gain affects your body but can provide long-term results if you maintain a healthy lifestyle.
What Kind of Annandale Tummy Tucks are There?
The doctors at Bruno | Brown Plastic Surgery will work with you to determine which procedure best fits your needs.
Tummy tuck options include:
- Mini tummy tuck: This procedure can be supplemented by liposuction and involves a small incision.
- Full tummy tuck: An incision is made around the belly button and across the hip line.
- Extended tummy tuck: Best for patients who have had significant weight loss, and involves incisions around the flank, lower back, and hip line.
Learn more about the tummy tuck procedure here.
How Can I Prepare for My Tummy Tuck?
Your doctor will walk you through all pre and post-operative care. Some pre-operative instructions include:
- Remove any abdominal area or belly button jewelry prior to surgery.
- Fill all your prescriptions.
- No smoking at least four weeks prior to surgery.
- Do not take aspirin or aspirin-containing products.
Select a Plastic Surgeon You Can Trust for your Tummy Tuck in Annandale, VA
It’s essential to pick a plastic surgeon that will make you feel comfortable throughout your tummy tuck process. Our expert doctors will be with you every step of the way, from initial consultation through the recovery process.