Labiaplasty Washington, DCAugust 22, 2018
If you’re experiencing physical and emotional discomfort from excess labial tissue, the labiaplasty procedure in Washington, DC, may be the right choice for you.
Labiaplasty DC can reduce the size of both the labia minora and labia majora.
Why Choose Labiaplasty DC?
Both the physical and emotional discomfort of loose or hanging labial tissue leads many women to choose labiaplasty. This physical discomfort is most often experienced as pain during athletic activities such as cycling or horseback riding, pain from tight clothes, or pain from intercourse due to the size of the labia. This could even lead to sexual avoidance from anticipating painful intercourse.
Some women also choose a labiaplasty procedure because they feel insecure about the shape, size, or appearance of their labia. Excess tissue can result from a significant weight loss or pregnancy and can cause the labia to be asymmetrical or cause the labia minora to extend well beyond the labia majora.
Labiaplasty can take as little as 45 minutes with minimal recovery time. However it is recommended to hold off on any significant or strenuous lower body exercise for several weeks. While many patients elect to undergo general anesthesia for extra comfort, it is also possible to perform the procedure using a local anesthetic if this is your preference.
The Benefits of Labiaplasty Washington, DC Can Include:
- Loose, sagging labia minora shortened so that they no longer hang below the labia majora
- Wearing tight clothes without irritation
- Horseback riding, cycling, and other activities can be performed without discomfort
- Relief of itching or irritation
- A more attractive, youthful labia appearance
- An increase in self-confidence and self-esteem
- A better sexual experience
- Increased sexual pleasure if the clitoris becomes more exposed
- An end to recurrent yeast infections if they were caused by excessive irritation from elongated labia
According to the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, multiple studies indicate that labiaplasty surgery is associated with a high satisfaction rate of over 90 percent. Choose a surgeon you can trust, like the doctors at Bruno | Brown Plastic Surgery who have significant experience performing labiaplasty surgery. The skills of your plastic surgeon translate directly to your plastic surgery results. The labia are very small, delicate structures so it is particularly important to choose a board-certified plastic surgeon for this procedure like Drs. Bruno, Brown, and Tan.