Restore Aging Skin with Microneedling with PRP in Chevy Chase
Are you considering Microneedling with PRP in Chevy Chase?
Microneedling with PRP (also known as the ‘Vampire Facial’) uses a small mechanical pen to make tiny channels in the skin at a precise depth to trigger the body’s natural healing process. Microneedling will trigger the production of new collagen and elastin, improving the skin’s texture and tone. Unlike many ablative procedures, Microneedling with PRP has very few contraindications, is safe to use on all ethnicities, and has very little downtime or side effects.
Benefits of Chevy Chase Microneedling with PRP
Microneedling with PRP is a non-invasive procedure that uses the body’s own PRP (Platelet Rich Plasma) to address a variety of cosmetic and health issues, including:
- Minimizing scarring
- Boosting collagen production
- Reducing hyperpigmentation and pore size
- Preventing premature aging
- Treating stretch marks
- Minimizing the appearance of age spots
- Helping improve texture
- Improving the appearance of rosacea
The Microneedling procedure can take between 20-40 minutes with a recovery time of 4-6 days. First, PRP (Platelet Rich Plasma) is obtained by drawing a small amount of blood from your arm into a sterile tube and then separated out from the other elements of the blood using a centrifuge. The PRP is applied topically to your face during and after the microneedling procedure, which penetrates the top layer of the skin without damaging it. PRP also speeds up the healing process.
Your Chevy Chase aesthetician will work with you to determine how many sessions you will need to achieve your desired look. Depending on the severity of the texture of your skin, you may need anywhere from three to six sessions.
We Asked a Real Chevy Chase Patient About Her Microneedling with PRP Experience:
- What does it feel like? Most of it isn’t that bad. It’s sort of a sandpapery feeling- maybe more of a vibration.
- What was your recovery like? I had redness for a couple days, but nothing major. You’ll leave the appointment fairly red and with your plasma still on your face, so I wouldn’t plan anything directly after.
- Any helpful hints? Get the numbing cream and follow up with the ZO Skin Health product line they recommend for you. I’ve never had face creams work this well.
- Best part? I have a plumpness and evenness to my skin I’d thought gone forever. My wrinkles and crows feet have softened, so I’ve been ok going without Botox (a huge milestone for me).
- Would you do it again? Yes, absolutely.
“My goal has always been to keep my look as natural as possible, and I love that I’m actually fixing my skin from the inside, not just masking the problem.My skin looks healthier, plumper and more even, and certainly has a more youthful glow. I’d highly recommend IPL, microneedling with PRP and PRP injections, or any other combination that Bruno|Brown Plastic Surgery recommends specifically for you.”