Are you trying to decide whether or not you would like to get a breast augmentation done? Maybe you’re torn between getting implants or going with a breast augmentation with fat grafting?
Our practice is here to answer any and all questions regarding the procedure, providing you with the as much information as possible.
Should I Get A Breast Augmentation With Fat Grafting In DC?
The breast augmentation with fat grafting procedure is for patients looking to increase the size of their breasts without using implants. With this procedure, you can feel more confident with your breast size and remove any unwanted fat from other areas of your body.
If you are curious about whether or not you are a candidate for this procedure, we highly recommend scheduling a consultation with one of our board-certified plastic surgeons, Dr. Brown or Dr. Bruno.
You are a candidate for a breast augmentation with fat grafting procedure if you:
- You are at least 18 years of age
- You are interested in a modest breast enhancement
- You may have a breast asymmetry
- You are not currently pregnant or nursing
- You are in good overall health
If you are concerned about scarring, the scarring is minimal during this procedure because the incisions are very small. However, the healing processes will differ between individuals; no two people will heal the same.
Benefits Of A Breast Augmentation With Fat Grafting In DC
There is a dual benefit of doing a breast augmentation with fat grafting because we are targeting unwanted fatty deposits and using those fatty deposits for your breast enhancement.
During your procedure, your repurposed fat will be used to reshape and contour your breasts. Small, needle-sized incisions will be made in discreet locations to achieve the patient’s desired shape, size, and lift.
Other benefits of breast augmentation with fat grafting may include:
- Restoring breast volume
- Restoring shape typically lost after aging, pregnancy, or weight loss
- No need to use an implant to improve the appearance
- Increasing breast symmetry
- Improving breast projection
- Increasing cleavage
- Reshaping cleavage
- Targeting unwanted fatty deposits
- Scarring is minimal, as incisions are very small
- The procedure is performed using liposuction, addressing two concerns at one time
Should I Get Implants Or A DC Breast Augmentation With Fat Grafting?
We understand that not every woman wants to use implants to reshape and resize their breasts. While the traditional breast augmentation procedure will reshape and resize the appearance of your breasts using a silicone or saline implant, this procedure can achieve similar results using a careful injection of fat. During your consultation, your DC plastic surgeon will work with you to determine how to achieve your desired look and the amount of fat necessary to meet your needs.
Breast Augmentations With Fat Grafting At A Glance
Here is a rundown of what our patients can expect:
- Surgery time will be between 1-2 hours
- Recovery time is between 1-2 days
- Typically, no overnight hospital stay is required
Again, every patient will heal differently and can expect different healing times.