Have you ever considered breast reduction due to pain in your neck or back? Maybe you’ve considered it just to improve the look of your breasts and make them more appropriately proportioned to your body. No matter what your reasoning, we’re here to help guide you through breast reduction surgery in DC and advise you on your specific case.
Breast reduction, or reduction mammaplasty, is a procedure in which excess breast tissue and skin are removed to help you achieve a breast size that is appropriate to your body as well as reducing the strain on your neck and back. It can be common for patients with large breasts to experience physical and emotional pain from their breasts. But before going into surgery, there are things to consider.
What You Need to Think About Before Getting a Breast Reduction in DC
Are you a good candidate for breast reduction surgery?
- You have breasts that are overdeveloped
- Your physical activity is limited due to the size of your breasts
- Your breasts have caused you back and/or neck pain
- Your breasts have interfered with your daily life
- Your posture has been affected due to the weight of your breasts
- You have difficulty finding clothes that fit you properly
- You have experienced painful marks from bra straps on your shoulders
Benefits of the procedure
- The appearance of your breasts will be improved
- You will be able to be more physically active
- You may experience a reduction in back and neck pain
- You may see a boost in self-confidence
- The average recovery time is only around 2-3 weeks
Turn to the Experts When Considering Breast Reduction in DC
Our team at Bruno | Brown Plastic Surgery wants to ensure that your surgery is done correctly and safely. Our doctors have access to a range of accredited and well-respected medical facilities where we strive to provide technically advanced procedures that will offer you the best possible result. We take the time to talk with you about your goals and explain the process so that you feel comfortable before deciding on surgery.
Contact us today to set up your breast reduction consultation.