Thinking about DC Rhinoplasty? Here’s What You Need to KnowJuly 10, 2019
If you are unhappy with the overall shape of your nose, you might be considering rhinoplasty, or a ‘nose job’. This procedure can enhance facial harmony and balance, correct the proportions of your nose and can also fix many of the breathing caused by structural defects in the nose.
How Can DC Rhinoplasty Change Your Nose?
Starting with a consultation, the doctors at Bruno | Brown Plastic Surgery will discuss your overall concerns and goals. It is important that we take a holistic approach, which considers your facial features overall in order to achieve balance that will bring greater harmony to your overall facial features and increase your self-confidence.
According to the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, “Rhinoplasty has come a long way over the past several decades. Much has been written on various techniques and approaches to the nose. Currently, state-of-the-art treatment follows more of a “less is more” approach to the nose. The idea is to manipulate the nose in a way that preserves the ideal anatomy without being overly aggressive. The nose has a unique healing pattern that needs to be respected to ensure the best outcome over time.”
Methods of DC Rhinoplasty
There are many variations of the procedure. The doctors will work with you closely to determine which method is right for you:
- Open rhinoplasty: Where incisions are made to the tissue between the nostril and the nose crease
- Closed rhinoplasty: Incisions are made to the inside of the nose through the nostrils
- Non-invasive rhinoplasty: Uses filler injections to alter the overall shape
Benefits of A Nose Job in DC
There are many benefits, including the following:
- Improving breathing restricted by a deviated septum
- Reforming a nose which has been broken
- Reshaping a nose with an irregular shape
- Altering nasal size
- Reducing or lengthening the breadth or height of a nose
- Smoothing a crooked or bent nose
If you’re considering a rhinoplasty in Washington DC, schedule a consultation online or call us at (301) 215-5955.