Tummy Tuck TipsAugust 20, 2018
Are diet and exercise just not enough to obtain the weight loss results that you want? Consider a tummy tuck.
A tummy tuck procedure can help you reach your weight loss goals, regain your self-confidence, and feel comfortable in your skin.
What is a Tummy Tuck?
A tummy tuck procedure (or abdominoplasty) is a body contouring procedure that tightens the abdominal muscles and removes excess skin and fat. It can help you target problem areas and re-shape your waistline if diet and exercise alone have not delivered the results you’d like, if you’ve been pregnant, or if you’ve experienced significant weight loss resulting in excess skin.
This procedure only takes 2-4 hours with a recovery time of as little as 2 weeks with no overnight hospital stay required. The American Society of Plastic Surgeons expands upon what you can expect from the procedure step-by-step.
The best candidates for this procedure have realistic and specific goals in mind and are near their ideal weight. Your expert plastic surgeon, like the doctors at Bruno|Brown Plastic Surgery, will work with you to determine which type of procedure is right for addressing your problem areas and individual goals.
Some options Tummy Tuck options include:
- Full tummy tuck: An incision around the belly button and across the hip line
- Mini tummy tuck: A smaller incision, often accompanied by liposuction
- Extended tummy tuck: Incisions around the flank, lower back, and hip line, fitting for patients who have experienced a significant weight loss
Tummy Tuck Tips
A tummy tuck procedure has many benefits, including:
- Flattens the stomach area
- Reduces and reshapes the waistline
- Enhances the overall figure
- Tightens abdominal muscles
- Removes excess, loose, or hanging skin
- Reduces the appearance of stretch marks
Choosing a skilled plastic surgeon is essential to maximizing these benefits. The skills of your plastic surgeon translate directly to the quality of your results, so it is important to choose an experienced, board-certified plastic surgeon for your procedure. The physicians at Bruno|Brown Plastic Surgery take a holistic approach to this procedure to achieve the most natural look. This approach takes into consideration your overall figure and focuses on re-shaping the entire waistline rather than just focusing on the abdomen. This method can completely alter your appearance and help you to drop several pants sizes.