Have you heard of eyelid surgery, otherwise known as blepharoplasty?
Blepharoplasty can remove the under-eye puffiness, drooping lids, or wrinkles around the eye, helping the area look more youthful and less tired. The procedure can be performed on the upper lids, lower lids, or both. There are several different methods to achieve the ideal appearance; the exact methods used will be determined by our experienced physicians and may involve a number of techniques, including incisions to the upper and lower eyelid to remove excess tissue or skin.
Blepharoplasty can treat:
- Excess skin and fine wrinkles of the lower eyelid
- Bags under the eyes
- Fatty deposits that appear as puffiness in the eyelids
- Loose or sagging skin that creates folds or disturbs the natural contour of the upper eyelid, sometimes impairing vision
- Drooping lower eyelids that reveal white below the iris
It’s important to remember that eyelids are part of the face, so a drooping eyelid may also be due to the relaxation of the forehead and eyebrow. Our top-rated plastic surgeons will evaluate your facial anatomy to discuss which procedure(s) would work best for you and walk you through the procedure and answer any questions you may have.
We recommend having your questions ready, but here are some that you should consider asking at your consultation:
- Am I a good candidate for blepharoplasty?
- Which surgical technique do you recommend?
- How long is the recovery period and what should I expect during this time?
- How can I expect my eyes to look over time?
Blepharoplasty is an extremely popular procedure and was in the top five cosmetic procedures performed in 2020. If you’re looking for a great way to refresh your appearance on all of those Zoom meetings, blepharoplasty might be a great fit for you!