The top 3 reasons to get a tummy tuck in Maryland
Have you recently had a baby or lost a significant amount of weight and now have sagging or droopy skin? The tummy tuck, also known as an abdominoplasty, is the perfect procedure for restoring your body by removing unwanted fat and tissue on the abdomen. The doctors at Bruno | Brown Plastic Surgery are committed to achieving your dream body. Below are the top 3 reasons why you should consider getting a Chevy Chase tummy tuck.
1. Our doctors create a personal plan unique to you and your tummy tuck needs
When it comes to any plastic surgery, consultations are extremely important. When speaking with your doctor, you will outline your wants, needs, and goals for the procedure. Your doctor will then work to explain the process, discuss your goals and what they suggest, and how they plan to achieve these goals. This meeting will set the foundation for your journey and ensure you are satisfied with your results. Each patient is different and requires a different approach.
With tummy tucks, there are four different techniques for varying degrees. During your consultation, your doctor will evaluate your current situation and decide which approach is most suitable.
- Mini Tummy Tuck: Patients in need of only a small amount of excess fat and skin removed may only need a smaller incision and less surgery time.
- Regular Tummy Tuck: The most common tummy tuck ranges from hip to hip, removing excess fat and loose skin from an individual’s entire abdominal area.
- Extended Tummy Tuck: While this procedure is extremely similar to a regular tummy tuck, the targeted area extends beyond the hips, often including a liposuction contour within the desired area. Individuals who want to remove excess skin and fat in the lower back and hips may be recommended this procedure for best results.
- Circumferential Tummy Tuck: A 360-degree tummy tuck removes excess skin and fat from the entire torso, generally most suitable for individuals who have faced significant weight loss, resulting in excess skin and fat in the abdomen, hips, and back.
2. Tummy tuck results and recovery
Recovery from a tummy tuck takes around 6 weeks, with full results developing over time as swelling decreases. The initial recovery timeline is typically as follows:
- 0-2 Weeks: Movement is limited and abdominal muscles may be sore. It is best to take it easy for those first few weeks to undergo a smooth and proper recovery.
- 2-4 Weeks: General movements are typically resumed, yet no intense exercise or heavy lifting should be endured, especially in the lower abdominal area. Patients should feel increasingly more comfortable with returning to low-intensity daily activities.
- 4-6 Weeks: At this point, the patient should be nearing normal activities, while maintaining caution. With the doctor’s approval, the patient can resume other activities and heavy lifting.
Incisions from a tummy tuck procedure are low on the abdomen and can typically be concealed with undergarments. Depending on the technique your doctor uses, your incision may be bigger and take more time to heal than the standard. As long as you follow recovery guidelines and take care of your incisions, the resulting scar will be unnoticeable.
3. Our expertise and dedication to innovative techniques and technologies
Drs. Bruno, Brown, and Yalamanchili work hard to deliver extraordinary results for their patients. They constantly continue to educate themselves, pairing new technology with their undeniable skill and experience in order to provide the best results possible. Visit their pages to learn more about them and how they can help you on this journey.