Perhaps you’ve spent months diligently working out and eating healthy in order to lose the weight, but you still can’t get rid of your excess skin or belly fat. Sometimes it seems that no matter how much we diet and exercise, that extra pocket of stomach fat just won’t go away. If you feel like this, turning to plastic surgery might be a great option for you.
Understanding More About Your Chevy Chase Tummy Tuck
The tummy area is often an area that’s hard to lose weight in for many men and women. Tummy tuck surgery, also known as abdominoplasty, is a great way to fix this issue, as it addresses these problem areas by removing unwanted fat and tissue around the waistline and stomach.
At Bruno | Brown Plastic Surgery, our approach to a tummy tuck allows you to come away with exceptional results. A tummy tuck at our office will help tighten your entire waistline, transform your body, and give you a more toned look.
During your consultation, we’ll discuss:
- Your waistline contouring goals
- Amount of excess skin/fat to remove
- Incision type
- Your lifestyle and activity levels
Finding the right plastic surgeon for your tummy tuck procedure is a very important part of the surgical process. Our doctors have decades of experience making each and every patient feel confident with the latest, most innovative practices and are ready to help you achieve your goals.
Who is Considered a Good Candidate for a Tummy Tuck in Chevy Chase?
Good candidates are typically:
- Patients near their ideal weight or figure
- Patients with realistic expectations for their results
- Those who would like to restore their pre-pregnancy bodies
- Patients that are in good general health
- Patients with excess skin or fat in the stomach region
- Patients who have recently lost a significant amount of weight
Will You Experience Extreme Weight Loss With a Chevy Chase Tummy Tuck?
It’s important to note that a tummy tuck is NOT a substitute for weight loss or an appropriate exercise program. If your lifestyle and activity levels currently (or will) fluctuate due to external factors such as substantial weight loss or the possibility of becoming pregnant, we recommend that you wait for a tummy tuck procedure until these areas of your life are more stable.
What Are The Benefits Of A Chevy Chase Tummy Tuck?
Benefits can include:
- Tightening the stomach muscles
- Flattening the stomach area
- Improving the appearance of abdominal muscles
- Reducing the appearance of stretch marks, particularly after pregnancy
- Reducing the size of the waistline and hipline
- Enhancing the overall figure
- Removing excess, loose, or hanging skin, which may be the result of weight loss or pregnancy
When deciding on what type of tummy tuck to get (full tummy tuck, mini tummy tuck, or extended tummy tuck), we highly suggest scheduling a consultation with Dr. Bruno or Dr. Brown to discuss your treatment plan, the healing process, and more.
Liposuction vs. Tummy Tuck
While it may be the case that you can benefit from having both procedures done, a tummy tuck is more frequently used to remove excess skin. Liposuction is more typically used to remove small areas of fat that cannot be shifted despite proper dieting and exercising, while a tummy tuck usually is for a larger area. During your consultation, your doctor will discuss your overall goals and can answer any questions or concerns you have about which procedure is right for you.
Do You Provide Other Procedures Besides the Tummy Tuck in Chevy Chase?
Our practice provides a variety of other procedures. These can be both surgical and nonsurgical procedures as both of our doctors are board-certified plastic surgeons. We have procedures such as:
- Mommy Makeovers
- Face Lifts
- Breast Augmentations
- Breast Reconstruction
- and other cosmetic and reconstructive surgeries!