When your baby changes your body, Bruno | Brown can help you change it back
Having a baby is one of the most exciting moments of your life. Your body has just done an incredible task, but now may be feeling the after-effects. Loose skin and sagging are extremely common after pregnancy. Some people are able to bounce back, while some may need extra help.
At Bruno | Brown Plastic Surgery, we specialize in body contouring procedures like mommy makeovers and tummy tucks. These procedures help to tighten and restore your core to give you a slim waist and lifted appearance.
We offer the mommy makeover to rejuvenate your body and restore your pre-pregnancy figure. This popular cosmetic surgery reverses the undesirable physical effects of pregnancy and childbirth through a combination of procedures. These procedures could include a tummy tuck, breast lift, liposuction, breast enhancement, and other body contouring techniques. Each patient is unique, so your specific mommy makeover will depend on what goals you and your doctor establish during the consultation.
In order to know if you’re a good candidate for this procedure, you will have a consultation with our doctors to discuss whether you:
- are in good medical health
- are at your ideal body weight
- have a positive outlook and realistic expectations
- are finished with childbearing
The tummy tuck is a procedure that can be included in a mommy makeover, but is also popular by itself. A tummy tuck surgery, also known as abdominoplasty, addresses problem areas by removing unwanted stubborn fat and tissue around the waistline and stomach. Many patients opt to include this in their mommy makeover because it specifically focuses on restoring your abdomen, but you don’t have to have a baby to have this done. Tummy tucks are also common after significant weight loss.
There are four different types of tummy tucks. After discussing your current situation and desired outcome, your doctor will recommend which tummy tuck will be right for you
- Mini Tummy Tuck: Patients in need of only a small amount of excess fat and skin removed may only require a mini tummy tuck, requiring a smaller incision and less surgery time.
- Regular Tummy Tuck: The most common tummy tuck ranges from hip to hip, removing excess fat and loose skin from an individual’s entire abdominal area.
- Extended Tummy Tuck: While this procedure is extremely similar to a regular tummy tuck, the targeted area extends beyond the hips, often including a liposuction contour within the desired area. Individuals who want to remove excess skin and fat in the lower back and hips may be recommended this procedure for best results.
- Circumferential Tummy Tuck: A 360-degree tummy tuck removes excess skin and fat from the entire torso, generally most suitable for individuals who have faced significant weight loss, resulting in excess skin and fat in the abdomen, hips, and back.
If you’re looking to get a tummy tuck in Washington, DC, the doctors at Bruno | Brown Plastic Surgery will take care of you every step of the way.
Mommy Makeover and Tummy Tuck Recovery
Recovery for these procedures can range between two and three weeks. No overnight hospital stay is required for either procedure. Activity will be minimal the first week and you may need assistance during your daily activities. After the first week, you will gradually increase your activity as you start to feel better. You can expect a slightly longer recovery from a mommy makeover as you are recovering from multiple procedures at the same time compared to just one.
Every patient is different and will require different recovery processes. Listen to your doctor and follow the guidelines given to you for the best results.