Amy Schumer Gets Real About the Benefits of Liposuction
Everyone wants to feel good in their body, even the funniest celebrities around. For those that follow funny lady Amy Schumer, you know she is not afraid to share her secrets, even when it comes to bouncing back after pregnancy with the help of cosmetic surgery.
Us Weekly compiled Amy’s honest thoughts about getting liposuction after giving birth:
“I just wanted to say that, because if anybody sees me in pictures or anything and they’re like, she looks thinner, and whatever: it’s because I had a surgery,” the Life & Beth star said on Chelsea Handler’s podcast “Dear Chelsea” in March 2022. “It’s too hard, and I just want to be real about it.”
Schumer revealed that she looked into liposuction after she healed from her endometriosis surgery. “I healed well, and I was like, can I get lipo? And I got lipo and I’m feeling really good,” she added.
In this digital age, it’s easy to compare our bodies – especially with our favorite celebs. Amy’s candid comments are a great reminder that it’s totally normal to need some help getting rid of that stubborn extra fat, and feeling good in your skin is no laughing matter.
Popular Areas of the Body for Liposuction
We have mentioned that this body contouring procedure can be a great option post-pregnancy when you can’t lose those extra pounds – but it is a very versatile procedure that can be performed nearly anywhere on the body carrying excess fat. Lipo is also very popular; according to The Aesthetic Society, liposuction was the number one most-performed surgery by board-certified U.S. plastic surgeons in 2021, with 491,098 procedures.
Liposuction can also benefit many areas of the body for both women and men, including:
- Back (such as that stubborn “bra bulge”)
- Calves and ankles
- Chest (during male breast reduction or “Gynecomastia” procedures)
- Flanks (think pesky “muffin tops” or “love handles”)
- Face, neck, jowls
Our Top 4 Favorite Benefits of Liposuction
- Permanent Fat Removal – it can remove the stubborn fat that diet and exercise can’t cells for good; all you need to do is maintain a healthy lifestyle.
- Encourages a Healthy Lifestyle – while not a substitute for weight loss, feeling better about your problem areas and seeing some great results can help patients pursue a healthy lifestyle. So put on that favorite workout gear, strut to the nearest gym, and keep working on your overall wellness!
- It’s a Quick Procedure – Visit our state-of-the-art, in-office operating room and be contoured in just a couple hours!
- Minimal Down Time – most of our patients feel comfortable resuming normal activity within a few days – while we do have our patients wear a garment, the limited downtime means minimal disruption to your life as you work on full recovery.
Popular DC Plastic Surgeon Shares Why He Performs Liposuction Almost Daily
Watch our board-certified surgeon Dr. Brown talk through some of the most common liposuction questions he gets from patients.
Make sure to also check out our before and after liposuction photos, detailed procedure information, and consultation info on our main liposuction page.
If you have any questions about the advantages of liposuction or would like to schedule your consultation, contact us today.