Improve the shape, position, or proportion of your ears with DC ear surgery
If you have protruding ears that are leading to a decrease in self-confidence, you might want to consider ear surgery. This procedure corrects protruding ears in order to create a more natural shape while bringing balance to your ears and face.
What is ear surgery?
This procedure is also known as ‘Otoplasty’ or ‘Ear Pinning’. In this procedure, the protrusion of the ears is reduced by reshaping the base of the ear for a more harmonious appearance.
This is done by creating an incision that is placed behind the ear, in the creases, and the cartilage is bent into a new shape. Sutures are then placed on the interior to maintain the new position. Results are often dramatic and we invite you to view before and after photos of patients who have opted to undergo ear surgery in DC here.
For more information about the procedure, read this from the American Society of Plastic Surgeons.
DC otoplasty benefits:
There are many benefits to this procedure, including:
- Reducing the protrusion of the ears
- Improving self-image
- Increasing overall facial harmony
Who does ear pinning treat?
- Overly large ears: This is caused by a condition called macrotia. The procedure can make your ears look more proportional to the rest of your facial features.
- Protruding ears occurring on one or both sides in varying degrees: Improve the balance of your ears and improve your self-image
- Dissatisfaction with previous ear surgery: If you’re not satisfied with your previous ear surgery, consult with our doctors about how we can help!
Choosing the right plastic surgeon for your surgery
One of the most important considerations to make when deciding to undergo plastic surgery is choosing a team you can trust. The experts at Bruno | Brown Plastic Surgery have many years of experience, are trained for performing the otoplasty procedure, and have performed it many times successfully.
Take the next steps to improve the shape of your ears and increase your self-confidence with Otoplasty by scheduling a consultation.