Interested in getting a rhinoplasty in Northern Virginia? Listen to what Dr. Yalamanchili has to say!
Dr. Yalamanchili is among some of the best facial plastic surgeons in Northern Virginia. She is unique in that she is one of only a handful of surgeons in the nation who have completed a plastic surgery residency as well as a facial plastic surgery fellowship. She completed her facial plastic and reconstructive surgery fellowship at the Lasky Clinic in Beverly Hills, California.
She chose to pursue this unique path because she believes specialization gives her the ability to provide exceptional care for her patients. Because of her experience during her fellowship, Dr. Yalamanchili specializes in facial plastic surgery including both functional and cosmetic rhinoplasty. Follow along as she talks about the do’s and don’ts of getting a nose job in Northern Virginia.
Consultation for a rhinoplasty in Northern Virginia
Types of rhinoplasties
There are various techniques that can be used to achieve your desired nose. Dr Yalamanchili talks about each of the techniques below and how they can benefit you in different ways:
- Traditional Rhinoplasty: A traditional rhinoplasty is what you typically think of when you think of a nose job. This is the surgical approach to altering your nose anatomy in order to create better facial harmony. Northern Virginia rhinoplasty procedures can either be done open or closed.
- Open Rhinoplasty: This is for patients who desire a full revision to their nose structure, whether it be altering the bridge profile, slimming the nose, changing the appearance of the tip, or manipulating the bone. This procedure does require bone work, making it slightly more invasive and resulting in more incisions.
- Closed Rhinoplasty: This is for patients who don’t need work to their bridge profile, structure, or bone, but rather are more concerned with the soft tissue of the tip of the nose. Because there is no bone-work, this approach is less invasive and requires fewer incisions.
- Liquid Rhinoplasty: A liquid rhinoplasty is a non-surgical procedure used for those who don’t need drastic altering or don’t want to commit to a full surgery. This procedure utilizes filler to fine-tune details and even out small abnormalities.
- Revision Rhinoplasty: Revision rhinoplasties are done when a patient has already had a rhinoplasty procedure but wants further altering or corrective action. This procedure can be trickier than the average rhinoplasty because work has already been done in this area. In order to understand your nose’s anatomy along with the previous adjustments, open rhinoplasties are often performed during a revision rhinoplasty to allow the doctor to have full visualization and control of existing and future corrections.
Recovery from a Northern Virginia rhinoplasty
Depending on what technique your doctor used to sculpt your new nose, your recovery time may differ. Surgical rhinoplasties require longer recovery, with more invasive procedures taking the longest. Initial recovery may only take 2 to 4 weeks but final results may not be complete until about 1 year. Liquid rhinoplasties require no incisions or surgical work, making recovery fast and results almost immediate.
In all cases, it’s important to listen to your body and avoid swelling as best as possible. Final results only become visible once swelling is completely gone.