The rhinoplasty procedure, colloquially referred to as a “nose job,” is an incredibly common procedure and involves altering the shape and/or size of the nose. In addition to having cosmetic benefits, a rhinoplasty procedure can have other benefits, such as improved breathing ability.
Whether you’re interested in the procedure to alter the appearance of your nose, improve your breathing, or a bit of both, a rhinoplasty in DC might be right for you.
Six Benefits of a Rhinoplasty in DC
There are several benefits of getting a nose job, depending on the patient’s reasons for undergoing the procedure.
These benefits include:
- Reforming a nose that has been broken
- Reshaping a nose with an irregular shape
- Altering nasal size which is too narrow, constricted, wide, or upturned
- Reducing or lengthening the breadth or height of a nose
- Smoothing a crooked or bent nasal bone
- Improving breathing restricted by a deviated septum
What Happens During a DC Rhinoplasty Consultation?
During your consultation, our board-certified plastic surgeons will discuss the following pieces of information with you:
- What surgical techniques will be used
- Non-invasive fillers
- Your nose shape
- Your nose width
- Your nasal size
- Restricted breathing due to a deviated septum
Did You Know there are Different Types of Rhinoplasty Surgeries?
There are two different types of rhinoplasties; open and closed.
- During an open rhinoplasty, incisions are made to the tissue between the nostril and the nose crease.
- During a closed rhinoplasty, incisions to the inside of the nose through the nostrils.
On average, surgery time is typically around 2-3 hours for both the open and closed procedure, with no overnight hospital stay required. The recovery time following surgery is typically 2-3 weeks but can vary based on the patient.
Does Insurance Cover My Rhinoplasty?
If your nose surgery is necessary due to trauma, or other health reasons, the staff at Bruno | Brown will help you determine if your insurance will cover some or all of the procedure costs. This is typically the case when a patient has a deviated septum or is having a rhinoplasty to fix a breathing impairment.
How To Know You’ve Found The Right Surgeon for Your Rhinoplasty in DC
Bruno | Brown Plastic Surgery prioritizes patient safety above all else. We know that it’s important to feel that you’ve selected the right Washington, DC surgeon for your nose job procedure and feel confident they will be with you every step of the way.
Our doctors are highly trained to perform technically advanced procedures to achieve the best possible results for our patients.