Why Should I Consider a Tummy Tuck in Annandale?
If you have been dieting and exercising in hopes to lose stubborn stomach fat but haven’t had much success, an Annandale tummy tuck may be the right procedure for you. A tummy tuck, also known as an abdominoplasty, removes excess skin and fat as well as tightens the abdominal muscles.
Tummy tucks can’t stop how weight-gain affects your body but can provide long-term results if you maintain a healthy lifestyle.
What Kind of Annandale Tummy Tucks are There?
The doctors at Bruno | Brown Plastic Surgery will work with you to determine which procedure best fits your needs.
Tummy tuck options include:
- Mini tummy tuck: This procedure can be supplemented by liposuction and involves a small incision.
- Full tummy tuck: An incision is made around the belly button and across the hip line.
- Extended tummy tuck: Best for patients who have had significant weight loss, and involves incisions around the flank, lower back, and hip line.
Learn more about the tummy tuck procedure here.
How Can I Prepare for My Tummy Tuck?
Your doctor will walk you through all pre and post-operative care. Some pre-operative instructions include:
- Remove any abdominal area or belly button jewelry prior to surgery.
- Fill all your prescriptions.
- No smoking at least four weeks prior to surgery.
- Do not take aspirin or aspirin-containing products.
Select a Plastic Surgeon You Can Trust for your Tummy Tuck in Annandale, VA
It’s essential to pick a plastic surgeon that will make you feel comfortable throughout your tummy tuck process. Our expert doctors will be with you every step of the way, from initial consultation through the recovery process.
Are you interested in discussing an Annandale tummy tuck with Bruno | Brown Plastic Surgery? Schedule a consultation today.
One of the most popular procedures in the United States is the Tummy Tuck, according to the American Society of Plastic Surgeons. Despite its popularity, it is considered one of the most misunderstood procedures.
Even with over 130,000 procedures performed in the last year, there are still some common misconceptions surrounding tummy tuck procedure. Here are a few common myths:
Myth: A Tummy Tuck is A Major Weight Loss Procedure
The tummy tuck procedure tightens the abdominal muscles and removes excess skin and fat and acts as more of a body contouring procedure rather than a major weight loss solution. An ideal candidate is a person who is near their ideal target weight.
Your doctor at Bruno|Brown Plastic Surgery will work with you to determine which of our tummy tuck procedures best meets your needs. Some options include:
- Mini tummy tuck: involves a smaller incision and is often complemented by liposuction
- Full tummy tuck: involves an incision across the hip line and around the belly button
- Extended tummy tuck: best suited to individuals who have lost significant amounts of weight, involves incisions around the flank, lower back, and hip line
Myth: Tummy Tucks are Not for Men, but Just for Women
Men can also experience excess skin or fat in the stomach area, warranting a tummy tuck procedure to reshape the waistline. Over the past few years, statistics show an increasing amount of men undergoing a tummy tuck procedure. In 2018, over 5,000 men had a tummy tuck.
Myth: If You Eat Right and Exercise, You Do Not Need A Tummy Tuck in Annandale, VA
A flat stomach area can still be difficult to achieve, even with proper amounts of exercise and dieting, especially if it’s been altered by excess weight gain or pregnancy. Our Annandale tummy tuck procedure can reshape the appearance of your abdomen by removing fat and tissue around the waistline and stomach.
Bruno|Brown Plastic Surgery are tummy tuck specialists, helping Annandale, VA area patients smooth and reduce their waistlines.
Unlike most plastic surgeons, our doctors take a holistic approach to the tummy tuck procedure in order to achieve the most natural, beautiful look.
If you’d like to discuss your tummy tuck options in Annandale, VA and how it can help you achieve more toned mid-section, schedule a consultation today.