When you decide that plastic surgery might be for you, it’s important to find a plastic surgeon you trust who can give you high-quality results. Whether you’re opting for a minor cosmetic procedure or looking to undergo a major change, there a few questions you should ask the plastic surgeon you’re considering to ensure they’re the best option for you.
- What is your experience with this procedure? This is a great question to ask before any type of surgery, but if you’re consulting with a plastic surgeon, you want to ensure they’re well versed in the specific procedure you’re inquiring about. Our doctors are highly trained and experienced with a wide range of procedures and will happily go over their experience with you.
- What steps do you take to ensure a quality result? While many doctors may be able to provide good looking before/after photos, it’s important that you also consider the environment in which your procedure is performed, their experience, and the support they offer you throughout your recovery.
- What procedure/procedures do you recommend for me? You may go into a consultation assuming that one procedure is right for you and find out that another may achieve a better result. It’s important to find out what procedure/procedures will give you the result you want and this gives you a chance to learn more about your options.
- Am I a good candidate for plastic surgery? A good doctor will always ensure that you’re a good candidate for a procedure. We generally recommend patients are in good health, have realistic expectations, and aren’t currently pregnant (depending on the procedure).
Our highly trained doctors perform technically advanced procedures to achieve the best possible results for our patients. Whether you’re looking for a minor procedure to reduce fine lines and wrinkles or you want to undergo a full mommy makeover and change the look of your body, we can help. During your consultation, we’ll walk through your procedure options, what you can expect, and go over any questions you have.
To schedule your consultation with one of our top-rated DC plastic surgeons call 301-215-5955 or click here.
Congratulations, Dr. Brown!
We are excited to announce that Dr. Brown has been named a 2020 Washingtonian Top Doctor!
This prestigious recognition is awarded to a select few top medical professionals in the DMV that are chosen by their peers.
Being named a Top Doctor adds to the long list of awards and accolades given to Drs. Bruno and Brown in recognition of their outstanding work in the field of plastic surgery in the DC area.
Ready for your consultation?
Schedule my appointment >
Many women opt into breast reduction surgery each year to help reduce the size of their breasts for both cosmetic and health reasons. Cosmetically speaking, oversize breasts can make it hard to find clothes that fit properly and can leave women feeling insecure in their own skin with disproportionately sized breasts. However, many women’s reasoning goes beyond appearance. Oversized breasts can cause severe back and neck pain, and can also make it difficult to exercise or be physically active in general. While this procedure is relatively common, there are still several burning questions we receive from patients before they opt into surgery.
We receive a variety of questions from our patients typically revolving around the recovery, benefits, whether the procedure is the right choice, and whether the patient is a good candidate.
- Recovery– Many patients come to us concerned about the recovery time from the procedure. While you may assume a breast reduction requires extensive recovery, but that is not the case. Most patients experience a recovery time of about 5-7 days before resuming their normal daily routines. Exercise can be resumed once the swelling has dissipated and pain medicine is often only used for a few days.
- Benefits– Women who undergo the procedure often experience a boost in confidence and feel more control over their bodies. The procedure allows patients to have an easier time finding clothes that fit, exercising, and a reduction in back or neck pain caused by oversized breasts.
- Breast reduction vs. breast lift– We’ve found that patients are occasionally unsure of what type of procedure they need. The main factor when deciding between a reduction and a lift is the size and volume of your breast. If your main goal is to make your breasts perkier, a lift is often the right choice. But, if you’re looking to make your breasts smaller, a reduction is usually the option for you. We’ll evaluate your needs and goals in your consultation and can make recommendations as to what procedure will best benefit you and consider whether you would benefit from a combination of the two procedures.
- Candidates for the procedure– Candidates for this procedure typically suffer from back or neck pain due to their breasts, limited physical activity due to their breasts, and have found it difficult to find clothes that fit.
You should choose a surgeon who listens to your needs, is known for producing great results, and can make recommendations that will best suit your goals. Our doctors take the time to listen to you and get a feel for what you really want out of the procedure. We evaluate your individual goals and breasts before coming up with a plan to achieve your breast goals. We perform technically advanced procedures to achieve the best possible result and value your health and safety above all else. We happily explain the process from beginning to end and support you throughout your recovery so you feel comfortable and informed.
To schedule your consultation with Bruno | Brown for a breast reduction in DC call 301-215-5955 or click here.
In accordance with government guidance, we are now accepting patients at all office locations! 🙌 Please contact us to reserve your appointment.
To book your appointment call 301-215-5955 or click here.
How We Are Keeping Our Patients and Staff Safe
Safety is our highest priority. Please read below about the measures we are taking to ensure our patient and staff safety at this time.
- Staff and patients are required to wear masks
- Daily health and temperature checks on staff
- Patient temperatures taken upon arrival
- Adherence to strict cleaning and decontamination protocols, including the sanitation of touch points frequently, and before and after each patient
- Limited appointments available
- Distancing in the reception areas with the option to wait in your car until your appointment time
Not Ready to Visit in Person?
We are still offering virtual consultations, and would love to speak with you!
To schedule your virtual consultation, call 301-215-5955 or click here.
Only while supplies last, don’t delay!
Purchase a Brilliant Distinctions gift card that can be put towards any future Allergan® treatment at Bruno | Brown, including:
- REVOLVE™ System
Click here to purchase your gift card.
Not a Brilliant Distinctions member? Make sure you enroll before you check out!
Click to enroll >
Limited time offer, while supplies last. Gift Cards DO NOT EXPIRE. You can purchase up to 4 gift cards per transaction.
To view the full terms and conditions, please click here.
Many women suffer from breasts that are too large for their bodies, limit their ability to be active, and cause pain over time. A breast reduction can remove excess breast tissue improving your quality of life and boost your confidence.
- You want to improve the appearance of your breasts and make them more proportionate to your body.
- Your breasts have caused pain in your neck and back.
- You want to improve your confidence with smaller breasts.
- You wish to be more physically active, which can be achieved through a reduction in the size of your breasts.
- If your breast reduction is required for a medical reason, your insurance may cover the cost of the procedure.
Your doctor will confirm you’re a good candidate for a breast reduction prior to surgery to ensure a good result. Candidates for the surgery have overdeveloped breasts, back or neck pain, breasts that interfere with everyday activities, have trouble finding clothes that fit, and/or have bad posture as a result of the weight of their breasts.
It’s important to set your expectations appropriately. Your doctor will discuss your goals with you and what you can expect as a result of surgery. The surgery can correct most, or all of your breast-related issues and even make your breasts more symmetrical, giving you a boost in confidence.
Why you should choose a top-rated plastic surgeon for your DC breast reduction
A breast reduction can have varying levels of surgery required to achieve your desired look. The doctors at Bruno | Brown Plastic Surgery are dedicated to providing high-quality results and ensuring patient safety throughout the procedure and during recovery. Your doctor will explain what will need to be done to achieve the look you want and the recovery process you can expect, which is typically around 2-3 weeks.
Call us today at 301-215-5955 or reach out online to schedule your consultation for a breast reduction in DC.
Are you experiencing back or neck pain due to large, heavy breasts? Do you find that even everyday activities such as walking or small household tasks are difficult because of the size of your breasts? If so, it might be worth considering DC breast reduction.
If You’re Thinking About Breast Reduction in DC, Here Is Some Information You Should Know:
What Is the Procedure Like?
In this procedure, excess skin, fat, and tissue are removed in order to achieve both a reduced size and a desired shape. The breast is also lifted during this procedure.
Am I a Candidate?
Ideal candidates are people who:
- May suffer from hypertrophy, or overdeveloped breasts
- Find that the size of their breasts interferes with everyday tasks
- Experience back or neck pain from the weight of their breasts
- Are limited in their ability to participate in physical activities or exercise
- Have trouble finding clothing that will fit properly
- Have bad posture as a result of the weight of the breasts
What Are the Benefits?
Benefits of the procedure include:
- Improved aesthetic appearance of the breast
- Reduced back and neck pain
- Increased self-confidence
- Improved ability to participate in physical activities
Read more about good candidates and the breast reduction procedure from the American Society of Plastic Surgeons.
DC Breast Reduction: Ensure Your Safety with An Expert Plastic Surgeon
It is important that you find an expert plastic surgeon to ensure the surgery is done correctly. From your consultation to your procedure, the doctors at Bruno | Brown Plastic Surgery will want to understand your complete medical history, any physical conditions you’ve had, why you’re seeking a breast reduction, and the goals you have for your outcome.
Your surgeon will discuss how much breast tissue will need to be removed to achieve your goal, and will also help you prepare for surgery and plan for your recovery.
Contact us today to set up a DC breast reduction consultation.
If you’re feeling self-conscious, uncomfortable, or pain around your vaginal area, DC labiaplasty might be the right procedure for you. This procedure improves cosmetic and health concerns by resizing the labia minora and/or labia majora. By undergoing this procedure, you can significantly reduce the discomfort you feel when wearing tight clothes, exercising, or sexual intercourse.
About DC Labiaplasty & The Benefits of the Procedure
Labiaplasty typically results in shorter labia that no longer hang down below the level of the hair-bearing labia majora.
There are two main types of labiaplasty:
- Labia majora: reduces the size and shape of the outer lips of your vagina
- Labia minora: reduces the size and shape of the inner lips
These reductions are typically made using the trim technique or the wedge technique. During the trim technique, the plastic surgeon removes excess skin around the outer edge of the labia. During the wedge technique, a v-shaped “wedge” is cut out of the labia at the widest point then the edges are stitched together.
According to multiple studies, this procedure is associated with a high satisfaction rate of over 90 percent.
Most patients who experienced symptoms from twisting and tugging of their labia, or discomfort during certain kinds of physical activity or intercourse, generally find relief after surgery.
Read more about what to expect during the surgery here.
- Pain wearing tight clothes due to overly large labia
- You want a better sexual experience
- Pain during intercourse due to excessively large labia or sexual avoidance due to anticipated pain associated with intercourse
- Pain while riding a horse or bicycle due to excessively large labia
- Labial sagging and/or you want your vulva region to look more youthful
- Labia Minora extending well beyond the Labia Majora
- Labial asymmetry or enlargement
- You just don’t like the appearance of your labia
Vaginal anatomy varies considerably and can also change over time, particularly after childbirth. Since the labia are small and very sensitive structures, the labiaplasty surgery needs to be performed by expert plastic surgeons such as the doctors at Bruno | Brown Plastic Surgery, who have significant experience in performing labiaplasty surgery.
For more information about DC labiaplasty, or to schedule your consultation, contact us today.
According to the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, Botox was one of the most popular minimally invasive procedures in 2018. Botox can smooth crow’s feet the appearance of wrinkles in your forehead, and reduce the lines in the folds between the nose and lips.
Botox, the cosmetic form of botulinum toxin, is used to help slow down the signs of aging as well as smooth existing skin wrinkles. Benefits of the minimally invasive procedure include:
- Restored elasticity of vertical lines between the eyebrows
- Smoothing of crow’s feet (lines around the corners of the eyes)
- Reduction of lines in the folds between the nose and lips
- Reduced appearance of forehead wrinkles
We spoke with one Bruno | Brown patient about her experience with Botox:
What was your experience like at Bruno | Brown compared to other places?
The med spa put a lot of injections in a few places, when Bruno | Brown used a little in a lot of places. Dr. Bruno kept asking me to move my face to really target the lines. By doing it this way the look is much more natural; you don’t get this weird one eyebrow higher than the other.
I’ve also never gotten a headache from them when at the med spa I would always get a headache.
I got a droopy eyelid at the med spa once, I had to actually change how I do my eyebrow makeup to make them even because the placement changed so much. Bruno | Brown also said I could go back if there was a problem, and I probably would do that if there was an issue. There’s a lot of security in that.
The results were just so natural, everything just smoothed out.
Read the full interview here >
Botox procedure and recovery in Potomac
Botox should be administered by a trained and experienced medical professional, such as the doctors at Bruno | Brown Plastic Surgery. Someone with limited experience giving Botox could possibly make the injections too deep, too low, or in the wrong spot. This could cause negative side effects such as droopy eyes.
Botox treatment usually only takes between 10-15 minutes, and there is no recovery time. You’ll see results that can last between 4-6 months in certain areas. You may have some minor swelling or pain at the injection site, but this subsides almost immediately after the initial injection.
With over 300,000 breast augmentation procedures performed in 2018, breast augmentation is one of the most popular surgeries in the United States.
You may be considering breast augmentation in Washington, DC because you want to increase your breast size, or that you’ve lost breast volume from aging, pregnancy or significant weight loss. Whatever your reason for considering breast implants, the skilled doctors and Bruno | Brown Plastic Surgery can help.
Top Considerations to Make When Choosing to Undergo DC Breast Augmentation
Am I a candidate for this procedure?
Good candidates should meet the following criteria:
- Are at least 18 years of age
- Are interested in modest to significant breast enhancement
- May have a breast asymmetry
- Are not currently pregnant or nursing
- Are in good overall health
What type of breast implant to I want?
There are four different ways to achieve the results you desire:
- Fat Grafting
- Saline Implants
- Silicone Implants
- Ideal Implants
How long does the procedure take and how long will it take for me to recover?
The procedure typically takes about 2 hours. Typically, patients can be back to work with certain restrictions (such as weight lifting) after a week. It can take around a full month for all swelling to go down and patients to be able to resume lifting anything weighted.
Breast augmentation can be positive experience that boosts your self-confidence. Consult with professional and skilled plastic surgeons who can give you more information on ways to achieve your goals to feel best in your skin. Be sure to choose a surgeon who makes you feel comfortable asking questions and gathering all of the information you need to make an informed choice.
Our physicians have spent many years helping patients choose their breast implants and can offer you invaluable input, ensuring you feel confident in your decision and your expectations for breast augmentation are met.