The breast reduction procedure is extremely common among women who suffer from overdeveloped breasts that often cause back and neck pain. The procedure was performed 46,340 times in 2019 alone according to the American Society of Plastic Surgeons. But, despite the popularity of this procedure, there are a few facts that you may not be aware of.
The 3 facts about breast reductions that may surprise you
- The procedure can offer you more mobility– Many women who have overdeveloped breasts have a hard time participating in certain physical activities such as running and consistent back and neck pain can make it difficult to be as active as they want. Many patients report an increase in mobility following their procedure.
- A breast reduction can be combined with other procedures– Some patients want to combine their breast reduction with a breast lift, tummy tuck, liposuction, and more. The procedure can certainly be combined with others and we recommend that patients undergo these procedures at once as it allows them to combine recovery times and achieve their desired look faster.
- Your insurance may cover the cost of your breast reduction– For some patients, their procedure is covered by insurance as it reduces the stress on your neck and back which can lead to bigger problems down the line. Contact your insurance to learn more.
How we determine if a breast reduction is the right procedure for you
During your consultation, we’ll talk about your goals, why you want the procedure, and your lifestyle to determine procedure options. We’ll also perform an examination to see what may work best for you. We’ll talk through your options and answer any questions you have about the procedure, recovery, and what your next steps are. Our highly trained doctors are dedicated to providing the best possible result for you through technically advanced procedures and are here to support you through your journey.
To learn more about if a breast reduction procedure is right for you, schedule a consultation with Bruno | Brown Plastic Surgery today.
If you’ve been considering a tummy tuck but aren’t sure if it’s the right procedure for you and want to learn more, here are a few questions to ask your plastic surgeon.
Questions to ask during your tummy tuck consultation with a plastic surgeon
- Is this procedure right for me? You should aim to find the right procedure for you before moving forward. You may go into a consultation thinking that one procedure is right and find out there are other options that are better suited to your goals.
- What type of tummy tuck would benefit me? There are different types of tummy tucks that are used to treat different cases. Some patients only need a mini tummy tuck to achieve their desired look while others require a more advanced procedure such as the full tummy tuck.
- Should I undergo additional procedures? Some patients wish to treat more than one area. For example, many mothers wish to undergo a tummy tuck to achieve their pre-baby tummy and may also want to improve the look of their breasts through a lift or augmentation. We can discuss your goals and additional procedures that may benefit you in helping to achieve your ultimate goals.
- What is the recovery period like? Every patient heals differently but the average recovery time is 2-3 weeks for a tummy tuck. Depending on the type of tummy tuck you choose and any additional procedures your recovery time may vary.
Our highly trained doctors perform technically advanced procedures to provide the best possible result for our patients. During your consultation, we’ll discuss your specific goals and the options we have to achieve them. We’ll let you know what you can expect before, during, and after the procedure as well as go through each of your questions so you can move forward feeling comfortable and informed.
To schedule a consultation with Bruno | Brown and learn more about the tummy tuck procedure and how it could benefit you call 301-215-5955 or click here.
Before undergoing any type of plastic surgery, you’ll likely do your research and try to find the best doctor for you. But how do you know if they’re a great plastic surgeon and can give you the results you want? We’ve put together a list of questions to ask to help you make your decision.
The questions to ask during a consultation with a DC plastic surgeon
- What procedure or procedures are right for me? You may go into a consultation expecting that one procedure is right for you and find out that there are other options that may end up aligning more with your goals. You’ll want to find a surgeon who listens to your goals and is able to suggest possible alternatives so you know all of your options before getting started.
- How do you achieve your results? You’ll want to understand their techniques, what the surgery involves, and the ongoing support provided during recovery. When you undergo any procedure, we work to ensure you understand what we’ll do before, during, and after surgery. We aim to educate our patients so they’re prepared and informed.
- What is your experience with the procedure I’m interested in? It’s important that the surgeon you choose is highly knowledgeable about that specific procedure. Just as you wouldn’t choose a dentist to perform foot surgery, you shouldn’t choose a surgeon who isn’t experienced in the procedure you’re interested in.
How to know if you’ve found the right plastic surgeon for you
It’s important to find a plastic surgeon you’re comfortable with and is highly experienced in the procedure, or procedures, you’re interested in. Our doctors will discuss your goals and answer your questions during our initial consultation.
To schedule your consultation with one of our top-rated DC plastic surgeons call 301-215-5955 or click here.
If you have oversized breasts that are uncomfortable and leave you feeling less than confident in your appearance, a breast reduction may be right for you. You’ve likely heard of a breast reduction and have a general idea of the procedure, but even if you know of the procedure you may have a few questions we can answer.
Breast reduction FAQs
Q: Am I a good candidate for this procedure?
A: Thousands of women have oversized breasts that can give them neck and back pain, make it difficult to participate in physical activity, and make it hard to find clothing that fits properly. We typically recommend this procedure to help with these issues.
Q: Can I combine the procedure with others?
A: Many patients choose to combine their reduction with other procedures such as a breast lift, tummy tuck, or liposuction.
Q: Will my insurance cover the procedure?
A: There have been several cases where a patient’s insurance has covered the breast reduction procedure. This typically applies to patients whose breasts have caused neck and/or back pain which in turn has negatively affected their health. To learn more about if you may be covered, contact your insurance provider.
Your consultation for a breast reduction with Bruno | Brown
During your consultation we’ll discuss your goals for the procedure and why you want to have the procedure. During this time we can discuss the breast reduction procedure as well as any other procedures that may benefit you and help you reach your goals. We’ll also answer any questions you have about the procedure and recovery so you know what to expect beforehand. If you want to learn more about the procedure, give us a call today.
To schedule a consultation with Bruno | Brown Plastic Surgery to learn more about if a breast reduction might be right for you call 301-215-5955 or click here.
A variety of factors can cause your breasts to sag. Over time your breasts will naturally begin to sag lower than they once were, but things like pregnancy and weight loss can also play a huge role in the appearance of your breasts. The breast lift procedure allows you to boost your breasts back up where they once were and can give you more confidence in your own skin.
Every patient has different needs which we take into account when we discuss your options. In this procedure, incisions are made to sagging or droopy breasts in order to lift the breast and improve the contour. After the incisions are made, the underlying breast tissue is lifted and reshaped, the nipple and areola are repositioned, and any excess breast skin is removed.
The four types of breast lift procedure are:
- Anchor: 3 basic incisions, one around the areola, one vertical to the breast crease, and one horizontal along the breast crease
- Lollipop: 2 basic incisions, one around the areola and one vertical to the breast crease
- Periareolar: 1 incision around the areola
- Crescent: 1 along the top half of the areola
Most patients experience a recovery time of 1-2 weeks so you can be back to your normal activities in no time.
How to prepare for a breast lift consultation
It’s important to have realistic expectations for your procedure. During your consultation, we’ll discuss what your specific goals are, how we can achieve them, and go through any questions you have about the procedure and/or recovery. Our team aims to help you achieve the results you want and we’ll let you know if an additional procedure, such as breast implants can help you achieve your ultimate goals for the procedure.
We perform technically advanced procedures to achieve the best results and will support you throughout the entire process and recovery.
To schedule your consultation with Bruno | Brown and learn more about the breast lift procedure call 301-215-5955 or click here.
We all want to look and feel our best, but with busy work and family schedules, it can be hard to find time for proper diet and exercise to help you reach your goals. If you have excess skin and/or fat in your midsection that you’re unhappy with, a tummy tuck may be a good solution for you.
Tummy tucks are great for those who have lost a good deal of weight and have excess skin/fat, mothers who have gone through pregnancy, and those who can’t seem to get the tummy they want even with proper diet and exercise. The procedure is designed to help patients reach their goals no matter how large or smaller. The tummy tuck can be catered to your needs, whether it involves skin removal and fat removal or simply a bit of liposuction. Some of the key benefits of the tummy tuck are:
- Removal of excess skin and/or fat
- Slimmer looking midsection
- Flattening of the stomach area
- Tighter stomach muscles
- Reduction in the appearance of stretch marks
- Improved confidnece
What we’ll discuss during your consultation for a tummy tuck
During your consultation, we’ll walk through your specific goals for your tummy tuck, your lifestyle, and procedure options to achieve the results you want. Our doctors are highly trained and perform technically advanced procedures to achieve the best possible results for our patients. We value patient safety above all else and will happily answer any questions you have throughout the process.
Whether you’re ready to book a procedure or you’re simply looking to know more, we’re always ready to help you find the procedure that’s right for you.
To schedule your consultation with one of our experienced plastic surgeons and learn if a tummy tuck may be right for you, call 301-215-5955 or click here.
When you decide that plastic surgery might be for you, it’s important to find a plastic surgeon you trust who can give you high-quality results. Whether you’re opting for a minor cosmetic procedure or looking to undergo a major change, there a few questions you should ask the plastic surgeon you’re considering to ensure they’re the best option for you.
- What is your experience with this procedure? This is a great question to ask before any type of surgery, but if you’re consulting with a plastic surgeon, you want to ensure they’re well versed in the specific procedure you’re inquiring about. Our doctors are highly trained and experienced with a wide range of procedures and will happily go over their experience with you.
- What steps do you take to ensure a quality result? While many doctors may be able to provide good looking before/after photos, it’s important that you also consider the environment in which your procedure is performed, their experience, and the support they offer you throughout your recovery.
- What procedure/procedures do you recommend for me? You may go into a consultation assuming that one procedure is right for you and find out that another may achieve a better result. It’s important to find out what procedure/procedures will give you the result you want and this gives you a chance to learn more about your options.
- Am I a good candidate for plastic surgery? A good doctor will always ensure that you’re a good candidate for a procedure. We generally recommend patients are in good health, have realistic expectations, and aren’t currently pregnant (depending on the procedure).
Our highly trained doctors perform technically advanced procedures to achieve the best possible results for our patients. Whether you’re looking for a minor procedure to reduce fine lines and wrinkles or you want to undergo a full mommy makeover and change the look of your body, we can help. During your consultation, we’ll walk through your procedure options, what you can expect, and go over any questions you have.
To schedule your consultation with one of our top-rated DC plastic surgeons call 301-215-5955 or click here.
The tummy tuck procedure is a great option for those who have excess skin in their stomach area, those who have gone through pregnancy and wish to reclaim their waist, and those with stubborn fat that they can’t seem to get rid of. But, when you decide a tummy tuck may be an option for you, it’s important to find a doctor you can trust.
Questions to ask your doctor during your tummy tuck consultation
- Is the procedure right for me? – Any time you decide to turn to a plastic surgeon, you should find out what procedure or procedures will help achieve your goals. You may go in thinking a tummy tuck is right and find out that another procedure is better for your specific goals.
- What does the procedure involve? – This varies from patient to patient so it’s important to ask what your procedure would involve. Depending on the extent of the changes you want to see, your tummy tuck procedure may change.
- What’s the recovery time like? – This also varies from patient to patient, but we typically see around 2-3 weeks. Make sure to ask your doctor what you can expect so you feel prepared and informed before making a final decision.
- Should I combine this procedure with others? – We often have patients combine procedures to achieve their results without having to go through two separate recovery periods. If you’re interested in targeting an area beside your tummy, we can talk about other procedures that could benefit you.
- What is your experience with this procedure? – This is an important question to ask any plastic surgeon prior to any procedure. You want to be sure they know what they’re doing and are knowledgeable about the procedure.
It’s important to find a doctor that you’re comfortable with and you feel you can trust. Our doctors are board-certified and highly trained in a variety of plastic surgery procedures. We use state-of-the-art equipment and perform technically advanced procedures to achieve the best possible result. Our goal is to make sure you’re informed prior to surgery and understand what to expect before we get started.
To schedule your consultation for a tummy tuck in DC with one of our highly trained plastic surgeons call 301-215-5955 or click here.
Do you suffer from overdeveloped, painful breasts? You’re not alone. In 2019, over 46,000 patients underwent a breast reduction for aesthetic purposes while over 60,000 underwent a breast reduction for reconstructive purposes. Thousands of women suffer from breasts that are too large and end up making everyday life difficult. If you’re ready to make a change and reduce the size of your breasts, a breast reduction may be right for you.
4 things you need to know before your breast reduction
- It can reduce back and neck pain– Many women suffer from back or neck pain due to their large breasts. This procedure can help reduce or remove the pain you’ve been dealing with and help you lead a more active and comfortable lifestyle.
- Your insurance may cover the cost of the procedure– Some patients are able to have their breast reduction costs covered, or partially covered, if the procedure is completed for health reasons.
- Recovery is typically 1-2 weeks– With a relatively short recovery time, you can be back to normal in no time.
- There is a difference between a reduction and a lift– Many patients ask about the difference between a reduction and a lift. If you’re in need of perkier breasts, a lift may do the trick whereas if your breasts are too large a reduction is likely the best option. In some cases, we’ve combined the two to achieve the patient’s desired results.
Your breast reduction consultation with Bruno | Brown
During your consultation, we’ll discuss your goals and help decide if a breast reduction is the right choice for you. We can explain what to expect before, during, and after the procedure and will be there to support you throughout the entire process. Our doctors are highly trained and perform technically advanced procedures to achieve the best possible results for our patients.
To schedule a consultation with one of our experienced plastic surgeons and learn if a breast reduction in DC is right for you call 301-215-5955 or click here.
Breast implants are common among women who wish to achieve larger, more symmetrical breasts. Many women wish to achieve larger looking breasts. Some turn to push-up bras, others turn to workout routines, but the only way to achieve natural-looking, long-lasting results is breast implants.
Signs that breast implants may be right for you:
- You’re unable to achieve your desired result non-surgically– Push-up bras, exercise, and other non-surgical options can certainly help your breasts look larger than they are, but if you’re still unable to achieve the results you want and you’re ready for a more permanent solution, breast implants might be right for you.
- You want more symmetrical breasts– It’s very common for women to have two different sized breasts. In most cases, the difference in breast size can be masked with clothes and clever bra tricks but if you suffer from a major difference and you’re ready for your breasts to match, breast implants can help.
- You want to achieve more cleavage and larger breasts– Breast implants can make your breasts larger and/or achieve more cleavage. Whether you’re simply looking to achieve a fuller breast or you’re wanting to achieve a larger look, we can help find the right implant for you.
Preparing for your breast implant consultation
When you come to Bruno | Brown for a breast implant consultation we’ll go through the different implant options with you and compare their results to your goals to find the perfect implant for you. We’ll discuss how you would like your breasts to look and any questions you have about the procedure. We aim to make our patients feel informed and confident about their procedures before making any final decisions. We perform technically advanced procedures to achieve the best possible result and support you until you’re healed completely.
To schedule a consultation with one of our top-rated DC plastic surgeons for your breast implant procedure call 301-215-5955 or click here.