Hundreds of thousands of women choose to undergo breast augmentation each year. In fact, over 300,000 women opted into the procedure in 2018 alone. Women decide to undergo breast augmentation for a variety of reasons and each woman has different goals for the outcome of her augmentation. At Bruno | Brown we use three different types of implants that have different benefits and appearances allowing us the ability to tailor the procedure to you. If you’re curious about increasing your breast size or simply returning volume lost over time, breast implants might be a good option for you.
- The size of the breast can be increased using implants
- Volume can be added back to the breast following weight loss, pregnancy, or aging
- Many patients see an increase in cleavage
- Women who suffer from asymmetrical breasts can achieve more symmetry
How to know if you’re a good candidate for breast implants
Before undergoing any procedure, you should make sure the procedure is right for you and can help you achieve your goals. Good candidates for breast augmentation are at least 18 years old, unhappy with the appearance of their breasts, and are not currently pregnant or breastfeeding. When you choose Bruno | Brown Plastic Surgery for your breast implants, we’ll discuss your specific goals, what it would take to achieve them, and make recommendations as to the type of implant that would work best for you. We’ll discuss what to expect before, during, and after recovery so you can feel confident and informed going into your procedure.
Our doctors are highly trained and committed to providing the best possible results for our patients. We perform technically advanced procedures and always value patient safety above all else.
To schedule your consultation with one of our top-rated plastic surgeons for breast implants in Bethesda call 201-215-5955 or click here.
Having a child can be one of the most rewarding things in life, but it can certainly take a toll on your body. You may have less time for exercise and maintaining a proper diet can be tricky when balancing your job as a mother. If you’re unhappy with your body after baby, a mommy makeover can be a great solution and give you back your confidence.
Pregnancy and breastfeeding can change your body entirely. Even with diet and exercise, it’s hard to return to your pre-baby body. If you’ve been left feeling less confident in your skin and want to get back to where you were, a mommy makeover may be the answer.
Some benefits of the mommy makeover procedure include:
- The removal of excess skin: After giving birth, or any sort of weight loss, you can be left with excess skin that just won’t go away. We can remove excess skin, tightening your abdomen, and give you a flatter looking stomach.
- Breast enhancement: You may have noticed that breastfeeding or pregnancy has left your breasts slightly deflated and sagging. We can give your breasts a lift and even add implants if you choose.
- Stretch mark reduction: Your skin stretches over the course of your pregnancy and can leave behind stretch marks. We can reduce the appearance of stretch marks during your procedure.
- Boosted confidence: Getting back your pre-baby body can be a huge boost of confidence and self-image.
We’ll customize the procedure to fit your specific needs and goals. The mommy makeover typically involves a tummy tuck, liposuction, breast enhancement, and breast lift. You can choose the procedures that you want and opt-out of the ones you don’t.
Your doctor will discuss your expectations and goals for the procedure to figure out what’s best for you. Your recovery will likely be around 2-3 weeks, so you can get back to your routine as soon as possible.
You’ll want a doctor who:
- Values your safety above all else
- Can perform technically advanced procedures
- Will provide top-tier results
- Will explain the procedure to you and set your expectations properly
The doctors at Bruno | Brown Plastic Surgery will do all this and more. We will discuss any concerns you have about the process and ensure you’re 100% comfortable with the procedure. We’ll advise you on how to maintain your new body following surgery and support you through your recovery.
Breast augmentation procedure is one of the most popular plastic surgery procedures. People choose implants for all sorts of reasons, from wanting to increase the size of their breast(s) to correct asymmetrical breasts. While it’s a relatively common procedure, it’s important to know what the procedure involves and if you’re a good candidate for surgery prior to opting into surgery.
What type of breast implant is right for you?
Not all implants are created equal, and you should know your options prior to choosing an implant. Different implants can achieve a different appearance, and some may be better suited for you than others. At Bruno | Brown, we have four ways to achieve your desired look:
- Fat grafting
- Saline implants
- Silicone implants
- Ideal implants
When deciding which approach is right for you, your doctor will discuss what you want your breasts to look like as well as your lifestyle to ensure it’s the right option.
When is the right time for surgery, and am I a good candidate for breast implants in Bethesda, MD?
Our doctors make patient safety a top priority and will ensure you’re a good candidate for surgery prior to starting any sort of procedure. Good candidates are 18 years of age or older, wish to enhance their breasts, have asymmetrical breasts, are generally healthy, and are not currently pregnant or nursing.
With an average recovery time of 2-4 weeks, you’ll be back to your everyday life in no time. We understand our patients have busy lives and schedules, and we want to ensure the best possible result. We’ll discuss the procedure in full so that you understand what to expect before, during, and after the procedure.
Choosing the right plastic surgeon for your breast implant procedure is of the utmost importance. You want to go into surgery knowing your doctor is knowledgeable and well-versed in this type of surgery.
The doctors at Bruno | Brown are committed to performing technically advanced procedures that provide great results while also keeping your health and what’s best for your specific case in mind.
To schedule a consultation for your breast implants, call 301-215-5955 or reach out online.
Are your breasts no longer as perky as they once were, or you wish they appeared more youthful? A breast lift in Bethesda, MD, can help improve the look of your breasts and give you more confidence in your appearance. However, before you decide if a breast lift is right for you, there are plenty of factors you should consider.
Good candidates for a breast lift have one or more of the following characteristics:
- Your breasts have lost their shape or position– Plenty of factors weigh in on how your breasts look. As you age or have children, your breasts tend to change and can lose fullness and become saggy. Your nipples can also grow larger over time and point downwards, which a breast lift can help correct.
- You are in good health overall– You’ll want to be in good health before making any sort of major change to your body. We’ll talk through your health and ensure that you are set up for a good result prior to surgery.
- You don’t expect perfection– While a breast lift can vastly improve the look of your breasts, it’s important that you appropriately set your expectations for surgery. In your consultation, we can take a look at your breasts and evaluate what is possible and what your expected outcome may be.
- You wish to improve the look and feel of your breasts– A breast lift is something that will make your breasts appear more youthful and can make them look fuller and perkier without having to wear a pushup bra.
Benefits can be both physical and mental. While the surgery will improve the overall look of your breasts, you may also feel more confident with your appearance. You can also experience an improvement in your breast symmetry, position, and have a more youthful appearance.
You should always consult with a knowledgeable doctor about your specific case and the goals you have for your procedure.
When you’re considering a breast lift, it is of the utmost importance that you consult with a top-rated plastic surgeon. The doctors at Bruno | Brown Plastic Surgery are committed to providing top-notch service with technically advanced, cutting-edge procedures to ensure safe and effective results.
To schedule a consultation and find out more information about the breast lift procedure in Bethesda, MD, call 301-215-5955 or reach out online.
If your hardworking efforts towards dieting and exercise are failing to yield the results you desire, consider a tummy tuck in Potomac, MD
The tummy tuck procedure can completely reshape your stomach area and remove excess or loose skin.
Tummy tuck surgery for celebrities
Tummy tuck surgery is increasingly popular- even some celebrities are choosing to undergo this procedure. Shanna Moakler, actress and model, has 3 children. Since her tummy tuck procedure in 2018, she has been flaunting her body saying, “I am so thankful and so happy with my results”. Read the full article here.
For your tummy tuck surgery, your expert plastic surgeon at Bruno|Brown Plastic Surgery will work with you to determine how the procedure can best address your goals. We take a holistic approach to this surgery which means that the overall waistline is shaped to achieve the best results, rather than focusing solely on the problem area.
This approach is so comprehensive it can help you drop several pants sizes and ensures the results are as natural-looking as possible.
Ideal candidates for the tummy tuck surgery have experienced pregnancy or significant weight loss, which has left stubborn, excess tissue and loose skin that diet and exercise alone cannot remove. Ideal candidates for this procedure are also in good health and near their ideal weight, with realistic goals in mind for their desired look.
Your tummy tuck options include:
- Mini tummy tuck: Involving a much smaller incision (often combined with liposuction)
- Full tummy tuck: Involving an incision across the hip line and around the belly button
- Extended tummy tuck: Involving multiple incisions around the flank, lower back and hip line (best for patients who have lost significant amounts of weight)
During this procedure, the appearance of your abdomen is reshaped. The surgery usually takes between two to four hours with a recovery time of around two to three weeks. Your expert plastic surgeon will work with you to determine which option is best for your circumstances.
As experienced plastic surgeons, we look forward to hearing from you to schedule your consultation for your Potomac, MD tummy tuck.
If you’ve lost breast volume from aging, pregnancy, or significant weight loss, breast implants in Bethesda, MD might be the right option for you.
Breast enlargement can improve project by increasing the size and symmetry of your breasts. Many women choose to get breast implants to feel more comfortable in their skin and increase self-confidence.
Bruno | Brown Plastic Surgery offers four types of breast implants:
- Ideal implants: Uses a series of implant shells nested together and two separate chambers that hold saline, providing a natural feel
- Saline implants: A silicone shell is filled to your preferred volume, increasing the shape and size of your breasts
- Silicone implants: A silicone shell is filled to the desired volume and offers a more natural look
- Fat grafting: Uses liposuction to transfer fat from other parts of the body to the breasts, giving a fuller look
Learn more about the breast enhancement procedure from The American Society of Plastic Surgeons.
Are You a Good Candidate for Breast Implants?
Candidates include women who are dissatisfied with their breasts after losing shape and volume from pregnancy, weight loss, or aging, as well as women who have asymmetrical breasts or are interested in modest to significant breast enhancement.
If you are considering this procedure you should be at least 18 years old, in good physical health, and not pregnant or breastfeeding.
Our Approach to Breast Implants
There is a lot to think about and consider when deciding on the best breast implant type and size for you. The first step to your breast enhancement procedure is finding an experienced plastic surgeon like the doctors at Bruno | Brown Plastic Surgery. Our expert plastic surgeons will work with you to meet your individual goals for the procedure and answer any questions you may have during your consultation.
Our physicians take a holistic approach to all procedures which also take into account your lifestyle and body type when helping you decide what type of implant best suits you.
Labiaplasty can reduce the size of both the labia minora and labia majora, which can increase your comfort during exercise and other daily activities. If you’re feeling discomfort due to excess labial tissue, a Labiaplasty procedure in Bethesda, MD may be the right choice for you.
Why Would You Choose Labiaplasty in Bethesda, MD?
Some women choose this procedure because they feel insecure about the shape, size, or appearance of their labia. Excess tissue sometimes results from significant weight loss or pregnancy and can cause the labia to be asymmetrical or cause the labia minora to extend beyond the labia majora.
Both the physical and emotional discomfort of loose or hanging labial tissue leads many women to choose labiaplasty. This physical discomfort is most often experienced as pain during athletic activities such horseback riding or cycling, pain from tight clothes, or pain from intercourse.
About the Procedure
Labiaplasty can take as little as 45 minutes with minimal recovery time.
However, it is recommended to hold off on any significant or strenuous lower body exercise for several weeks. While many patients elect to undergo general anesthesia for extra comfort, it is also possible to perform the procedure using a local anesthetic if this is your preference.
What Are Some Benefits of Labiaplasty?
- Appearance: Over time the appearance of the labia can change dramatically particularly after undergoing significant life events such as childbirth. Labiaplasty allows women to reshape their labia to increase self-confidence and aesthetic appeal.
- Comfort: After surgery, many women often experience increased comfort during athletic activities, such as cycling or horseback riding. Also, there is typically a decrease in irritation from tight clothing like yoga pants or bathing suits. Reducing the length of the labia prevents it from being twisted or tugged on by tight clothing or irritated by rigorous workouts.
According to the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, multiple studies indicate that Labiaplasty surgery is associated with a high satisfaction rate. Choose a plastic surgeon you can trust, like the doctors at Bruno | Brown Plastic Surgery, who have significant experience performing labiaplasty surgery. The skills of your plastic surgeon translate directly to your plastic surgery results.
Contact us today to set up your Bethesda, MD labiaplasty consultation.
Chevy Chase, MD office:
Our highly anticipated office renovation at our Chevy Chase location is taking off!
Beginning THIS MONDAY, AUGUST 12TH, we will be seeing patients in our temporary space. We are still in the Barlow Building at 5454 Wisconsin Ave. Chevy Chase, MD.
Our updated suite number is 1465.
Annandale, VA office:
Our Annandale, VA location is upgrading to an improved location and look!
Beginning September 11th, 2019 we will be seeing patients at our new Tysons, VA location at 8100 Boone Blvd. #730, Tysons, VA.
We will be seeing patients at this location on Wednesdays!
If you are one of the women who have tried year after year to regain their pre-pregnancy figure see it as another failed effort, you’re not alone. Undergoing a mommy makeover procedure in Bethesda, MD can help you regain your confidence and get your body back in ways that dieting and exercise cannot.
Depending On Your Goals, A Mommy Makeover In Bethesda, MD Can Be Customized To Fit Your Specific Needs.
Your experienced plastic surgeon will work with you to choose the right procedures for you and your lifestyle. Mommy makeovers can include the following one or more procedures:
- Tummy Tuck: By removing excess fat and loose skin around the waistline, this procedure can completely reshape the appearance of your abdomen
- Liposuction: Through careful, targeted suction, excess fat and tissue are permanently removed
- Labiaplasty: Sculpts and reshapes the labia minora and/or labia majora.
- Breast Augmentation: Reshapes and resizes the breasts, increasing breast symmetry and improving projection for a more youthful appearance
- Breast Lift: Breasts are lifted to reduces the appearance of aging or sagging breasts and enhance the position and symmetry
Reclaiming your pre-pregnancy shape can give you a more positive self-image and allow you to feel comfortable in your skin again. Additionally, a mommy makeover is more cost-effective than having multiple traditional surgeries as it combines several procedures at once.
Benefits can include:
- Enhancing the breasts
- Removal of excess, loose, or hanging skin, which may be the result of weight loss or pregnancy
- Reduction in stretch marks
Learn more about the benefits of a mommy makeover at The American Society of Plastic Surgeons
Choose Bruno | Brown for your Mommy Makeover in Bethesda (H3)
The doctors at Bruno | Brown Plastic Surgery focus on reshaping your overall figure rather than target a specific problem area in order to achieve the best results possible.
Ideal candidates for this procedure should be close to their goal weight, at least four to six months post-childbirth and should have stopped breastfeeding. Mommy Makeovers usually take between 5-7 hours and no overnight stay is required.