While breast augmentation is one of the most common plastic surgery procedures, there are many things you may not know about the procedure. If you’re considering breast implants, here are a few things you should know.
DC breast implant facts:
- Not all implants are made equal– We offer 3 different types of implants, saline, silicone, and ideal. Each implant can give you a different look and feel so it’s important to consider your specific goals when choosing an implant.
- Breast implants can improve your breast shape– Many people assume that breast implants are simply to increase the size of your breasts, but what you may not know is that breast implants can be used to improve their overall shape and symmetry. Some patients come to us, not necessarily looking for a large increase in size, they simply want to give their breasts a rounder shape and improve the symmetry of their breasts.
- You should not be pregnant or nursing when you undergo the procedure– It is unsafe to perform a breast augmentation on a pregnant woman. Furthermore, even after pregnancy, a woman who is breastfeeding should not undergo the procedure. Following breastfeeding your breast size can change rapidly, making it hard to truly gauge the size implant needed.
- You can combine other procedures with breast implants to achieve your goals– Many of our patients come to us with more than one goal in mind. Whether you’re looking to add a breast lift, a tummy tuck, liposuction, or butt lift we can work with you to find the right combination of procedures to achieve your goals.
- You can still get mammograms with breast implants– A common question we’ve heard is “Can I get mammograms with breast implants?” The answer is yes. Breast implants can withstand the activity of a mammogram and we highly recommend receiving a yearly mammogram beyond the age of 40.
Bruno | Brown’s approach to breast implants in DC
We pride ourselves on achieving the best possible result for our patients. We’ll listen to your goals in your consultation and evaluate your specific case before coming up with a plan to achieve your breast goals. We perform technically advanced procedures to achieve excellent results, but also keep your health and safety top of mind. We’re here to answer any questions you have prior to and following the procedure to ensure it’s right for you and you’re completely satisfied with your results.
To schedule a consultation with one of our DC Plastic Surgeons at Bruno | Brown for your DC breast implants call 301-215-5955 or click here.