Many dream of achieving a tight and trim midsection but for some, it can be extremely difficult. If you’ve gone through a pregnancy or had major weight loss that left behind excess skin, achieving the taut tummy you’ve dreamt of may seem like the impossible task even with proper diet and exercise. If you’re tired of feeling like nothings working, a tummy tuck may just be the answer you’re looking for.
- The tummy tuck can be tailored to your needs– There are three types of tummy tuck: full, mini, and extended. Each involve different incisions and amounts of complexity. This is because some patients may only need minor changes to achieve their goals, while others who have a substantial amount of loose skin may need a more involved procedure.
- There are several benefits to a tummy tuck– The tummy tuck can flatter the stomach area, reduce the size of your waist and hipline, tighten your stomach muscles, remove excess skin, and give you an overall boost in confidence.
- The tummy tuck can be combined with other procedures– The tummy tuck is often combined with procedures like liposuction, and/or breast procedures such as augmentation, a lift, or reduction.
Bruno | Brown Plastic Surgery’s approach to the tummy tuck in DC
We take the time to get to know your needs, your lifestyle, and your goals during your consultation to come up with the best plan for you. We’ll explain what you can expect before, during, and after your procedure to ensure you feel fully prepared before undergoing a tummy tuck. Our technically advanced procedures are known for producing excellent results that you’ll be proud to show off and we’ll always aim to help you achieve the best possible result.
To schedule a consultation with one of our DC Plastic Surgeons and learn more about if a tummy tuck in DC is right for you call 301-215-5955 or click here.
Thousands of men and women opt into a tummy tuck each year for varying reasons. A tummy tuck can help those with excess skin from pregnancy or weight loss regain their confidence and feel comfortable in their own skin. While this procedure is widely common, there are things you may or may not know that can help you decide if the procedure is right for you.
Q. What are the benefits of a tummy tuck?
A. A Tummy tuck can flatten the stomach, improve the appearance of your abdominal muscles, remove excess skin, and reduce the appearance of stretch marks among other benefits.
Q. How do I know if I’m a candidate for the procedure?
A. We recommend that candidates are in good health, near their ideal weight, have realistic expectations for their results, and are in generally good health.
Q. Does every tummy tuck require a hip to hip scar?
A. While a full tummy tuck can leave a longer hip to hip scar, each patient is individual and the procedure can be tailored to your needs. Some patients can achieve their goals with a mini-tummy tuck which can often leave a scar limited to just the pubic area.
When you are interested in undergoing a tummy tuck, it’s important to consult with a plastic surgeon who is experienced and can make recommendations to you. Our plastic surgeons are highly trained and perform technically advanced procedures. We’ll evaluate your specific case and decide on the type of tummy tuck that’s right for you. We explain the procedure in full from beginning to end so know you what to expect and support you throughout recovery. We’ll answer any questions you have about the procedure during your consultation and help you come up with a plan to achieve your goals.
To schedule your consultation with one of our experienced plastic surgeons for your tummy tuck in DC call 301-215-5955 or click here.
The tummy tuck procedure is one of the most commonly performed procedures. In fact, according to the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, it was the 5th most commonly performed cosmetic surgical procedure in 2018. But despite the popularity of this procedure, many don’t realize the true physical and emotional benefits of the procedure besides the obvious change in appearance.
Cosmetic and medical benefits of a tummy tuck in DC
- Flattening of the stomach– A tummy tuck can drastically change the appearance of your stomach giving it a much trimmer appearance.
- Waistline reduction– The procedure can remove fat and skin giving you a slimmer waistline.
- Tightened stomach muscles– Many patients notice that their stomach muscles are tighter following surgery.
- Removal of excess skin– following weight loss or pregnancy many people find that they have loose or hanging skin left behind. This can hinder their physical abilities and leave them feeling less than good about their appearance. By removing excess skin patients usually have an easier time finding clothing that fits.
- Boosted confidence– When individuals are unhappy with their appearance it can have effects on their mental state. Most patients experience a boost in confidence following the procedure which can improve their outlook and mental health.
The DC tummy tuck procedure can be tailored to your needs
Every patient is different and so are their needs that’s why tummy tucks allow patients the ability to make as much or as little of a change as they want. There are three different ways a tummy tuck procedure can be performed:
- Full tummy tuck
- Mini tummy tuck
- Extended tummy tuck
The doctors at Bruno | Brown Plastic Surgery will discuss your specific case and goals to help decide what procedure is best suited for you. We’ll work to achieve your cosmetic goals and work to improve your overall health along the way.
To schedule your consultation with one of our top-rated doctors for a tummy tuck in DC call 301-215-5955 or click here.
Are you unhappy with the look of your midsection, and no amount of diet or exercise seems to help? A tummy tuck may be able to help you get the trim shape you’ve always wanted by removing excess fat, tissue, and skin in your midsection.
- A flatter stomach
- Improved look of abdominal muscles
- Smaller waist and hipline
- Enhanced figure
- Removal of excess skin and fat due to weight loss or pregnancy
- Improved confidence
How to know if a DC tummy tuck is right for you
Before deciding to get a tummy tuck, you should find out if you’re a good candidate for the procedure. Good candidates are in good overall health, near their ideal weight or figure, have realistic expectations, have excess skin or fat in their midsection, or those who have lost a significant amount of weight.
Choose a top-rated plastic surgeon for your tummy tuck in DC
When you’re deciding whether or not to get a tummy tuck, it’s best to discuss your options with a top-rated plastic surgeon who can make recommendations based on your goals. Not all tummy tucks are the same, and the procedure can vary based on your specific needs. The three types of tummy tucks are: a full tummy tuck, a mini tummy tuck, and an extended tummy tuck.
The doctors at Bruno | Brown will be able to walk you through the procedure that’s right for you and guide you through the entire process. We’re committed to providing top-notch care for our patients while always putting patient safety at the top of our priority list.
To schedule a consultation with one of our top-rated DC plastic surgeons for your DC tummy tuck call 301-215-5955 or click here.